Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I bought a X99 Asus deluxe + 5960X + 64g Crucial 2133 but i can't boot with unibeast.
I used bootflag -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsEabler=No

if i write -v the text loading then Black screen.

An idea?
a new patched kernel?

I would totally be the guinea pig for this if I had the money right now. I plan on eventually doing a 5960x build. I actually want to get one of the Asus boards because of the extra pins. Some things to keep in mind... First, I don't think the soundblaster audio on some of the gigabyte mobos is supported with patched applehda. I think voodoohda would work. Also power management most likely will not be working, at least not at first. There are also problems you can't anticipate with bleeding edge hardware that take a while before someone solves them, the haswell early reboot, Fermi freeze, and locked msrs being just a few examples. Not saying something like that will happen with haswell-e but it's something to keep in mind...

Hi,
I bought a X99 Asus deluxe + 5960X + 64g Crucial 2133 but i can't boot with unibeast.
I used bootflag -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsEabler=No

if i write -v the text loading then Black screen.

An idea?
a new patched kernel?

Try with Clover? What is your GPU? Gotta have one - the CPU does not.

Thanks Going bald to help me
i didn't try with Clover, but i will try !
graphic card Gtx 760

My Mac Pro 3,1 is on its way out. Hoping to fetch $700 for it. More than happy to be a Guinea Pig for this. Build will most likely be:
i7-5820K
GA-X99-UD4
16GB of RAM
2x GTX 660 2GB OC

Happy to test whatever, I have spare drives galore.

i have been hanging out for an x99 with ecc memory, but none of these seem to support ecc. any ideas?

i have been hanging out for an x99 with ecc memory, but none of these seem to support ecc. any ideas?

Most of the MB manufacturers that are putting out Workstation grade boards support ECC. Asus x99-E WS, Asrock X99 WS etc. - all of which support ECC.

Are there any ecc ddr4 dimms available yet though?

I decided to try it. Micro Center's $520 for the CPU (5820k) / Mobo (GA x99-UD4) combo and $210 for 16gb Crucial DDR4 was too good to pass up when considering other options.

I haven't gotten past a black screen when Mountain Lion installer is loading. This seems to usually be related to graphics as I gather, but combinations of the usual boot flags have been fruitless. This is my third (or so) build, I'm no expert but have tinkered around quite a bit.

I'll report back here if/when I make any progress. If anyone has any suggestions or request I try something it's all welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back