Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
fails for me too, logged out, cleared cache & cookies and logged back in.
blurble, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it possible to install Mountain Lion on an x99 mb? I use an audio program (pro tools) that cripples my OSX update schedule.

Appreciate all the info and time you've donated on this forum, the community is very inspiring. I'm building up the courage for the first build.

Seems like the Asus X-99 Deluxe is a favorite and people are having success with it. For this reason I was thinking of building a hackintosh with this mother board. My one big concern is it is getting pretty low ratings right now on Newegg. Lot of failures. So I am a bit hesitant. Not sure if its because people are overclocking everything and pushing it beyond its reliability limits. Any thoughts.

Hello,

does anybody knows how i can change the Kernel in Snow Leopard?

One time i made but i cant remember How.

I mean i made it with the Terminal and i copy it from a usb stick with this command directly after istalling with open LOG to stip time command for rebbot to open the Terminal.

x99=My Kernel - USB Stick=My USB Stick where its saved - Mac OS=Installation Volumen

I had a cinebench 11,5 result of 13,86 in Snow Leopard too.

cp -f /Volumes/"USB Stick"/x99 /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

then remove caches and reboot

rm -rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches && reboot

--- --- +++ +++ --- ---
My CPU Cinebench 11,5 in YOsemite is 13,86 with my i7 5930k in my GA X99 SOC FORCE @4,3Ghz

Do sb know this? If, plz help me... i tried it & tried it... Now im tired of trieying....

Notes for installing SNOW LEOPARD: 1 CORE & Hyperthreading Disabled with iboot Lagacy

¿Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 is the same than GA-X99-UD4P?

I went to the store to buy the GA-X99-UD4 and the seller told me that these were withdrawn by the UD4P model.

¿Anyone knows something about it?

[h=1][/h]

I'm tired of the crappy software apple have been releasing recently which keep breaking a new thing with in retina macbook pro with every update. That said, I'm building an X99 system, but I'm wondering if this platform has support in El Capitan, and how stable, or not stable, it is?

¿Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 is the same than GA-X99-UD4P?

I went to the store to buy the GA-X99-UD4 and the seller told me that these were withdrawn by the UD4P model.

¿Anyone knows something about it?

wonder that myself. wanted to start a build now and no UD4 (2014) a/v :(

In some profiles I see there is a 1.1 version of the UD4, but I dont see them at any reseller.

Anyone an idea?

I was able to get a build running using a Asus Rampage V Extreme with just a couple things that still need fixing.

Components are:
Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel Core i7 5820k 6-core
nvidia GTX 970 4Gb
16gb G-Skill Ripjaws
1Tb Seagate barracuda

Everything worked after install except the 5ghz wifi and audio which I believe can be patched.
The 2.4ghz wifi and BT4.0 work though.

Is it Zotac Nvidia GTX 970 4GB. I am planning to get the same components but confused with the GPU. Rest of the components are just the same like yours.

Also I have looked into these GPU. Which one would better suite the above mother board and CPU:

1. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming OC Edition
2. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB GDDR5
3. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card (Black)
4. Asus NVIDIA Strix GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
5. MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 4GD5T OC 4 GB GDDR5 [h=1] [/h]

All the mobo's mentioned seem to be discontinued or out of stock... Are there any other modern ones that work as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back