Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys get a preboot log? Hit f2 at the clover screen and then you'll see it in efi/clover/misc.

Here's a preboot log.

Attachments

• preboot.log
    13.3 KB · Views: 161
I did some googling and it appears that hanging at "root device uuid is..." indeed happens (or at least can happen) when a supported cpu is not found. I found this solution for someone running OS X in vmware: http://blog.campodoro.org/?p=316 What that solution does is fake the cpu id.

@davebot78 were you using a Fake CPUID for this preboot.log, because it says one wasn't set. I just wanted to see if it's actually working...

According to the log, the CPU ID is as I suspected different than a standard Haswell:

CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=306F2
0:832 0:000 The CPU supported turbo
0:832 0:000 BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

So as far as I know, there is definitely no way this will work without a patched kernel or faking the CPU ID.

According to the Clover wiki, supported Haswell IDs are 0x0306C0 (Desktop), 0x0306F0(Mobile), 0x040650(Ultrabook), and 0x040660(CrystalWell).

I'm assuming you have tried all those but try the Haswell desktop one if you haven't.

I did some googling and it appears that hanging at "root device uuid is..." indeed happens (or at least can happen) when a supported cpu is not found. I found this solution for someone running OS X in vmware: http://blog.campodoro.org/?p=316 What that solution does is fake the cpu id.

@davebot78 were you using a Fake CPUID for this preboot.log, because it says one wasn't set. I just wanted to see if it's actually working...

According to the log, the CPU ID is as I suspected different than a standard Haswell:

CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=306F2
0:832 0:000 The CPU supported turbo
0:832 0:000 BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

So as far as I know, there is definitely no way this will work without a patched kernel or faking the CPU ID.

According to the Clover wiki, supported Haswell IDs are 0x0306C0 (Desktop), 0x0306F0(Mobile), 0x040650(Ultrabook), and 0x040660(CrystalWell).

I'm assuming you have tried all those but try the Haswell desktop one if you haven't.

OK. Thank you very much for participating! :clap:
Wait & see...

OK. Thank you very much for participating! :clap:
Wait & see...

Want to see if FakeCPUID is working for you? Here's a config.plist with 0x0306C0 CPU ID.

Attachments

• config_X99_0306C0.plist.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 132
Okay, my next option is to patch the kernel for the new proc, unfortunately I can't get the thing to build. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress though.

Okay, my next option is to patch the kernel for the new proc, unfortunately I can't get the thing to build. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress though.

Yeah!

@Manic I've tried your config.plist and i also don't seem to be getting anywhere new. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back