Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell these boards have a ton of BIOS options, so who knows, that could be the problem as well

i don't know if i have to change anythings in the bios ..
it 's a first time i use Asus motherboard.

Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port...

BIOS settings:
-Make sure XHCI mode is set to "Auto" and not "Smart Auto"
-Make sure Fast Boot is disabled
-Disable VT-d
-Make sure XHCI handoff and EHCI handoff are enabled

Looks like Clover isn't even loading the drivers. Not sure what that means.

EDIT:

I forgot something... The default HFS driver for Clover doesn't work with the Mavericks installer. Open the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder, delete VBoxHfs-64.efi, and put the attached HFSPlus.efi in that folder.

Attachments

• HFSPlus.efi.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 116

BIOS settings:
-Disable VT-d

All right.

just for fun i installed W8.1 and test Geekbench with OC @ only 4.2 ghz (no settings voltage, just up the Coef)

:)

image.jpg

All right.

just for fun i installed W8.1 and test Geekbench with OC @ only 4.2 ghz (no settings voltage, just up the Coef)

:)

View attachment 103488

Holy sh**t. That's a crazy score. Read my edited post, I forgot that Clover needs HFSPlus.efi to work with the Mavericks installer.

BIOS settings:
-Disable VT-d

EDIT:

I forgot something... The default HFS driver for Clover doesn't work with the Mavericks installer. Open the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder, delete VBoxHfs-64.efi, and put the attached HFSPlus.efi in that folder.

ch**t doesn't work :sick:

I believe the kernel sees haswell-e as being different than has well, and so it doesn't support the processor at all. That's how it was with ib-e. I'll see what I can come up with. Fakecpuid in clover might work

Just an update. Thanks for the brainstorm everybody.
I have been following the thread and trying each suggestion. No change with Studiomix's boot flag suggestion. I get just as far as samtimbaud in Clover "root device UUID.." (with ManicHarmon1c's Clover folder) and tried a couple of Fakecpuid values (Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge) with no seeming difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back