Contribute
Register

x99 Gigabyte Soc Force Catalina "CLOVER boot" - CPU Upgraded now not booting anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-SOCFORCE-F22-Clover
CPU
i7-5960x (updated from 5930k)
Graphics
Radeon Rx 580 AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi All,

Successfully had a clover install with a 5930k processor but upgraded it to 5960x and now it wont boot.

The attached verbose is where it stops, literally at the beginning. Anyone had any experiences with this or have suggestions?

As its been awhile i recall i had to do some patching to let haswell-e work but things have changed alot i can see in newer clover it has haswell-e option but still.....

Any help or suggestions would REALLY help. i can still access EFI/Clover from windows (which boots fine and has had no issues with the CPU change) so can change EFI/config etc.

Thanks!
Pascal

Attachments

• photo_2022-03-03_19-53-20.jpg
    photo_2022-03-03_19-53-20.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi All,

Successfully had a clover install with a 5930k processor but upgraded it to 5960x and now it wont boot.

The attached verbose is where it stops, literally at the beginning. Anyone had any experiences with this or have suggestions?

As its been awhile i recall i had to do some patching to let haswell-e work but things have changed alot i can see in newer clover it has haswell-e option but still.....

Any help or suggestions would REALLY help. i can still access EFI/Clover from windows (which boots fine and has had no issues with the CPU change) so can change EFI/config etc.

Thanks!
Pascal
no need for laptop kexts....

Thanks for the reply, can you explain what you mean by laptop kexts? I didnt think i added any...... its been running for 4 years on my 5930k, only after swapping for 5960x did it start doing this. THANKS!

Thanks for the reply, can you explain what you mean by laptop kexts? I didnt think i added any...... its been running for 4 years on my 5930k, only after swapping for 5960x did it start doing this. THANKS!
SMCBatteryManager.kext as mentioned in your image, desktop's don't have batteries..

I removed those kexts (even though theyve been there for 4 years and no problem) but still stuck at PCI Config begin.... x99 5960x processor, even set the processor in clover config to haswell-e

I removed those kexts (even though theyve been there for 4 years and no problem) but still stuck at PCI Config begin.... x99 5960x processor, even set the processor in clover config to haswell-e
PCI Config begin.. normally means a missing virtualsmc.kext or missing fakesmc.kext

zip and upload your clover folder

Following a hardware change you should reset the CMOS settings and clear NVRAM.

Did you solve the problem with the 5960X ?
If yes could you upload your settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back