Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

What is the current state of X99 compatibility? I don't see any recommended parts and the last forum posts I saw were from last year.

I am going to be building a MATX system with a Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 as its heart, but I don't mind spending a little more for OS X if possible, otherwise i'll only end up building a second PC or buying a mac mini for it later.

one thing I do need is good sound support, Logic Pro is the main reason I use a mac at all.

I've built a hackintosh before, but ultimately had to abandon the idea since at the time I had a horrible legacy raid I had to keep, but now i am free ;)

Hello All,

What is the current state of X99 compatibility? I don't see any recommended parts and the last forum posts I saw were from last year.

Same as it was - no official support from Apple since they have yet to use the chip in any product.
You can use any of the X99 boards/CPUs and spoof the system into thinking it is an X79 build with a setting for fakecpuid in Clover config.plist and get power management. Or you can just accept no speedstep and no sleep and just run without it.

Hello All,

I am going to be building a MATX system with a Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 as its heart, but I don't mind spending a little more for OS X if possible, otherwise i'll only end up building a second PC or buying a mac mini for it later.

one thing I do need is good sound support, Logic Pro is the main reason I use a mac at all.

I've built a hackintosh before, but ultimately had to abandon the idea since at the time I had a horrible legacy raid I had to keep, but now i am free ;)

x99 is running great for me with legacy boot loaders however I'm having issues with Clover UEFI. Im currently running 10.10.5 w/ chimera. Im running a 5820k on an MSI X99A-SLI Plus

Intel Core i7-5820K
GIGABYTE*GA-X99-UD4
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB SC GAMING WITH FULL COVER EK WATERBLOCK
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s
SSD-накопителя Samsung 950 Pro MZVKV256
2x WD Caviar Red WD60EFRX 6 Тб
Thermaltake*Suppressor F31 Window CA-1E3-00M1WN-00 Black

100% working system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back