Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon (Gen 3 20BS) - Clover
CPU
i7-5600U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1920x1080
Hi everyone,

First off thanks for taking your time to skim through the post, I appreciate any suggestions or tips that you may have.

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh build. I am using the MSI X99S Sli Plus board with a GTX980 graphics card. The board does not have integrated graphics that I can use for the installation process.

I have successfully created a Unibeast USB. I copied over the Voodoo kext file and applied the two patches distributed with this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_RD7CduDM

Quick Reference:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeastDriveName/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeastDriveName/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

I am currently using the following boot flags.
-v (To see what is going on.)
-x (To get past a creating RAM cache hang)
npci=0x2000 (To get past PCI error)
UseKernelCache=No (To get past waiting for root device error)
cpus=1 (To get past cpu panic)

I have tried different combinations of the following
nv_disable=1/0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
PCIRootUID=1

I get to [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] - completed then it hangs.
de31ea9c91.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-JC

Hi everyone,

First off thanks for taking your time to skim through the post, I appreciate any suggestions or tips that you may have.

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh build. I am using the MSI X99S Sli Plus board with a GTX980 graphics card. The board does not have integrated graphics that I can use for the installation process.

I have successfully created a Unibeast USB. I copied over the Voodoo kext file and applied the two patches distributed with this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_RD7CduDM

Quick Reference:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeastDriveName/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeastDriveName/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

I am currently using the following boot flags.
-v (To see what is going on.)
-x (To get past a creating RAM cache hang)
npci=0x2000 (To get past PCI error)
UseKernelCache=No (To get past waiting for root device error)

I have tried different combinations of the following
nv_disable=1/0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
PCIRootUID=1
cpus=1

When using nv_disable=1 I get to [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] - completed then it hangs.

Without nv_disable=1 I am able to this:
74fe921d9d.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-JC
make sure you have correct bios setting and also i found this

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Hello patelshyam99

I tried your first suggestion of including maxmem=4096 in my boot arguments with nv_disable=1. To my surprise I did make it further but not much. I am now stuck at the next line creating ram disk for /var/run

Screenshot:
aeec6dc33f.jpg

As for my BIOS:
I have disabled vt-d and CFG lock per another guide on this site. I have read through the instructions you linked in the X99 Guide post.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks again,
JC

Hello patelshyam99

I tried your first suggestion of including maxmem=4096 in my boot arguments with nv_disable=1. To my surprise I did make it further but not much. I am now stuck at the next line creating ram disk for /var/run

Screenshot:
aeec6dc33f.jpg

As for my BIOS:
I have disabled vt-d and CFG lock per another guide on this site. I have read through the instructions you linked in the X99 Guide post.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks again,
JC

So your problem is that it gets stuck at the loading bar on your unibeast flashdrive? please send a picture of where it gets stuck

Alright. Here is where it really gets "stuck"

Using the flags: npci=0x2000 cpus=1 maxmem=4096 -v -x UseKernelCache=No
de31ea9c91.jpg

It continues to get stuck there if I use nv_disable=0 or nv_disable=1

In non-verbose mode the loading bar is at about 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back