Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI SLI x99
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hey, so I am pretty new to this whole Hackintosh scene and I am trying to get Mojave installed onto my current PC. I've watched numerous videos, more than I can count forum posts and downloaded so many kexts now that I am lost in it all. I can't seem to get past this point. No matter what I do I've never reached the install screen. I really hope you guys can help me out.

This is the current point I am at

EFI Folder uploaded below - It's important to know that I am really new to this so I am pretty much no idea what I am doing.

specs:
i7 5820K
GTX 1080 FE
MSI X99 SLI PLUS MB
HyperX Fury DDR4 16gb

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 219
It's important to know that I am really new to this so I am pretty much no idea what I am doing.
This is the reason why there are no X99 or X299 motherboards in the buyer's guide. They add a lot more complexity to the task of installing macOS on PC hardware. If you want to get bailed out from your predicament you could try someone else's EFI folder for this motherboard. Again, it's not recommended because you don't learn anything with this method. It's not a site rules violation so you can try it if you'd like. To own and operate an X99 system there is a lot to learn. So plan on doing a lot more reading and research here.

First delete the EFI folder on your Unibeast installer and replace it with the one in this post. I have no idea how eliob could have gotten a 1080 to work with Mojave so use this with a grain of salt. I have no idea what they are doing.

Last edited:
Hey, so I am pretty new to this whole Hackintosh scene and I am trying to get Mojave installed onto my current PC. I've watched numerous videos, more than I can count forum posts and downloaded so many kexts now that I am lost in it all. I can't seem to get past this point. No matter what I do I've never reached the install screen. I really hope you guys can help me out.

This is the current point I am at

View attachment 402395

EFI Folder uploaded below - It's important to know that I am really new to this so I am pretty much no idea what I am doing.

specs:
i7 5820K
GTX 1080 FE
MSI X99 SLI PLUS MB
HyperX Fury DDR4 16gb
  • Since there is NO Mojave-Supported Graphics , you cannot install Mojave in your current listed hardware.
    • GTX 1080 FE has NO support in Mojave;
    • i7 5820K has NO Processor associated Intel HD
    • To install Mojave you need a Supported PCIE Graphics: No Newer Nvidia but All current AMD (ATI) Graphics
  • You can however install macosHigh Sierra with you listed hardware
  • You may post at High Sierra Support Forum for help https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-desktop-support.190/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back