Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own this model, thus don't know a lot about this board. What I can suggest is to disable XMP if it's enabled in your BIOS and don't overclock anything for the time being. Secondly, I'm not that much convinced with your config.plist configuration. If the above mentioned doesn't fix that, try to figure out if this processor needs KernelPM to be enabled or use with FakeCPUID. kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 are not necessary.

Thanks to your advice, ok my CPU has no OC feature and I'm using regular memory so XPM or so on doesn't matter.
And I tried KernelPM but it still hangs at PCI configuration. Its CPUID is same to 5820K so it should be supported natively by El Cap. I tried ID from Ivy-E and it didn't solve the problem.

It be possible if I will use your DSDT precompiled? If yes, can you send me?

Thanks.

I attach my DSL files.
One is extracted on windows and unedited which contains tons of error, second is fixed on windows but still contains some error, third is fixed by AMI Clean compile on MaciASL which contains only a few warnings.
I'm using the third to make an aml to try El Cap installing.

Attachments

• X99S_SLI.zip
    240.7 KB · Views: 256
Thanks to your advice, ok my CPU has no OC feature and I'm using regular memory so XPM or so on doesn't matter.
And I tried KernelPM but it still hangs at PCI configuration. Its CPUID is same to 5820K so it should be supported natively by El Cap. I tried ID from Ivy-E and it didn't solve the problem.

I attach my DSL files.
One is extracted on windows and unedited which contains tons of error, second is fixed on windows but still contains some error, third is fixed by AMI Clean compile on MaciASL which contains only a few warnings.
I'm using the third to make an aml to try El Cap installing.

Ok, let me get back to start. Which way did you use to install El Capitan? I would recommend the UniBeast method to install El Capitan. Remove the DSDT and SSDT, not needed right now and try to see if it works. Moreover, you can give this FakeCPUID: 0x0306E4 a try.

Ok, let me get back to start. Which way did you use to install El Capitan? I would recommend the UniBeast method to install El Capitan. Remove the DSDT and SSDT, not needed right now and try to see if it works. Moreover, you can give this FakeCPUID: 0x0306E4 a try.

The way I used to install El Cap is the clover standalone installer, cos I guess which contains newer version than that inside Unibeast. Moreover, these days I use other working OSX machine to install on a disk then put that disk into X99 machine to avoid possible USB root device error and that makes it possible to modify kexts in SLE.
I don't love Unibeast so much but does Unibeast have any advantage over clover standalone installer?
Anyway I removed DSDT and SSDT to boot, it just hangs at same PCI configuration begin.
Adding CPUID 0x0306E4 leads to KP with powermanagement.

...Adding CPUID 0x0306E4 leads to KP with powermanagement.
Putting your system specs in your profile, as stated in the rules would help others help you. Using CPUID 0x0306E4, try adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder.

Hans,
Did you use Maciasl, to patch your DSDT?

Hi, is there anyone who uses MSI mobo running El Cap?
I have MSI X99S SLI Plus, Xeon E5-2620v3 and GTX970, cannot make it boot because of PCI configuration stuck.
Here I attach my clover files and screen, hope someone finds something wrong pls let me know.
I am in the same boat. I have tried most of the fixes on the forum but nothing good happens. I am running an intel e5 2670 v3.

Can confirm, overwriting AppleGraphicsControl.kext was a bad idea. Reverted one from backup machine and everything is fine now.
Hello, I also have a EVGA X99Micro2 motherboard, but I failed to install OS system, you can share your DSDT and config file configuration?

Hello, green horn here. I followed this guide attempting a fresh install of El Capitan, and ran into an interesting issue. After I had partitioned the drive I wanted OS X on (I'm using El Capitan version 10.11.3) and when I was about 3/4 through the instillation, just when I started to feel safe, my screen went blank. I waited for a few minutes to see if anything would happen, then turned off my machine. Upon restarting it, I found my BIOS option screen thing (That thing that lets you load BIOS settings, or the boot menu, or what have you by pressing different keys.) was frozen, then the thing restarted on its own. In froze again after rebooting, so I turned it off, removed the drive I had attempted to install to, then tried again. The BIOS was quite slow to load the boot menu, but it did in fact respond (Curiously, my flash drive was absent from the list of boot options.). I loaded into my other two partitions one at a time and things seemed fine. I then plugged the drive back in, and my BIOS returned to normal operating speed. Everything is back to normal now. I unplugged and replugged the USB drive and booted into clover, but only found the options I had originally. Please advise.

P.S. I apologize for the length of this issue description, but I have no idea what is relevant, and what is not.

P.P.S. I may not check this post for a few days, and if I do, I may not have time to act on it; please don't be offended, I am just very busy these next few days. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back