Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kext are using and where are they?

anyone knows how can i boot yosemite into recovery mode? i am gonna try to disable SIP and upgrade to el capation on 5960x

Does anyone that has ElCap running on X99 have a problem keeping the CPU maxed at load?

Intel-Yos.png Intel-ElCap.png

This cost 'bout 5000 pts in Geekbench. Probably just the lack of official support but wondering if it's a problem with VoodooTSCSync....

ElCap Console.png

At this rate I'll being running Yos as my primary OS for some time. :rolleyes:

Does anyone that has ElCap running on X99 have a problem keeping the CPU maxed at load?

View attachment 153548 View attachment 153550

This cost 'bout 5000 pts in Geekbench. Probably just the lack of official support but wondering if it's a problem with VoodooTSCSync....

View attachment 153549

At this rate I'll being running Yos as my primary OS for some time. :rolleyes:
Me too i will be interested by fresh install elcapitan on 5960x. each time i have PCICONFIGBEGIN
Thanks guys

didn't work. Stuck at PCI Configuration begin. Tried with rolled back kexts too, to no avail.

anyone knows how can i boot yosemite into recovery mode? i am gonna try to disable SIP and upgrade to el capation on 5960x

You can't. At least I have tried many times to reach recovery mode to no avail. I am with you in hoping that somebody has found a method, but recovery mode has never worked on 5960x for me.

Same observation - lost multi threaded performance - around 5k point

Clean 10.11 install, x99-d4, 5820k, r290x

Geek bench givers something like 14k with 10.11 (was around 19k with 10.10.5)
I noticed much less power consumption in idle - was around 13W in 10.10.5 - now it is around 8W - I suspect that some CPU component is not powered up at all (maybe the quad channel memory is running in dual channel only...)

But I noticed HUGE boost in luxmark 2.1 for my r290x - in 10.10.5 it gives something like 2800, now with 10.11 it is around 3300

The only thing that fails to work is the on-board audio - any solution for this?

@Sunman: The easy solution is VoodooHDA ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back