Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you inject Nvidia in Clover?

Both yes and no. I also tried unchecking everything in the Graphics section of Clover Configurator to no avail. All I have read is it's related to a GPU hang. I don't know how to fix it however.

I also did nv_disable=1 too.

There's no reason for nv_disable=1 with a 760. My Z97 boards with 760's do require inject Nvidia...

You mean keep everything unchecked (including Inject Intel) except "Inject Nvidia" right?
Are talking 'bout clover configurator? Can't help as I don't use it...

PHP:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>PatchVBios</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

keeps getting stuck at pci configuration begin, any idea? i tried all the boot flags i use on Yosemite and others including. i am on 5960x, asus rampage extreme 5, gtx 980
-x
-v
-f
nv_disable=1
kext-dev-mode=1
dart=0
debug=0x14e

keeps getting stuck at pci configuration begin, any idea? i tried all the boot flags i use on Yosemite and others including. i am on 5960x, asus rampage extreme 5, gtx 980
-x
-v
-f
nv_disable=1
kext-dev-mode=1
dart=0
debug=0x14e

I'm in the same situation as you. Stuck at PCI Config and then the Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller error.

And I tried Injecting Nvidia as suggested.

No joy.

my cousin has the same setup like u with gtx 980 and he had no problem upgrading it from Yosemite, he used this following guide to upgrade you can try it. also he used the

following boot flags to install
-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1

and following boot flags after install
npci=0x3000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

-x
-v
-f
nv_disable=1
kext-dev-mode=1
dart=0
debug=0x14e

Good to know. I have 5960x and x99-e ws. Does removing debug=0x14e lead to instant reboot? I have started to narrow this down to a 5960x problem rather than asus x99. You don't need kext-dev-mode=1 btw.

my cousin has the same setup like u with gtx 980 and he had no problem upgrading it from Yosemite, he used this following guide to upgrade you can try it. also he used the

following boot flags to install
-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1

and following boot flags after install
npci=0x3000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Thanks. I will try this when I get home later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back