Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all
Im REALLY sorry if this is a duplicate post (and I know that is against the rules) but I had a look and couldn't find anything.

Im currently running 10.10.5 on my X99 build without issue. I installed with Chimera through multibeast because I have issues booting into clover (I can't even get into a clover usb, OS X is out of the equation).

I was wondering if I could use the app store to update to 10.11 and as a worst case scenario, reinstall chimera.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all
Im REALLY sorry if this is a duplicate post (and I know that is against the rules) but I had a look and couldn't find anything.

Im currently running 10.10.5 on my X99 build without issue. I installed with Chimera through multibeast because I have issues booting into clover (I can't even get into a clover usb, OS X is out of the equation).

I was wondering if I could use the app store to update to 10.11 and as a worst case scenario, reinstall chimera.

Thanks in advance :)
Bottom line Chimera doesn't support El Capitan. You can use the App Store to download El Capitan but it won't update your install of OS X, it will boot back into OS X 10.10.5 or break your system. Using Chimera and updating OS X has always involved creating a new UniBeast USB and installing over the top of the current installation. Very useful links:

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC
Clover Basics and Switching Advice

Nice one, really appreciate that.

A friend of mine mentioned a boot loader named Enoch, Its legacy and supports Elcap. Im assuming thats against the TMX86 supported install methods but from what I can tell its still chimera based? If not, how hard is it to get clover working on an MSI X99A SLI Plus and is it possible to convert from chimera to clover on a pre-existing install?

Nice one, really appreciate that.

A friend of mine mentioned a boot loader named Enoch, Its legacy and supports Elcap. Im assuming thats against the TMX86 supported install methods but from what I can tell its still chimera based? If not, how hard is it to get clover working on an MSI X99A SLI Plus and is it possible to convert from chimera to clover on a pre-existing install?

Enoch isn't breaking any rules here, its a branch of Chameleon that supports El Capitan. Suggest you read the Rules.

There is a search window in top right of each web page. Take a look, first search is on me X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc all the best.

Yea I have read the rules a couple times but I know they are super tight so I get a bit on edge :p

Ill take a look at that, thanks for your help :)

No problem and you're welcome, if you're not breaking the rules then you've got nothing to be on edge for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back