Contribute
Register

x79-UP4 (f7 BIOS) and Xeon E5 2680 v2 (10-core) stuck at "16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OSX 10.9.2
CPU
Gigabyte
Graphics
GTX 780ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I'm stuck. Done a lot of research through the forums. Trying to install Mac OSX 10.9.1. I replaced my mach_kernel with this (http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/) to support my 10 core cpu. I've been trying to boot up with the flags:

-v -f -x cpus=1 npci=0x2000 (***and also 0x3000***) GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0

Still getting stuck at "16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers" line.

If it makes any difference I've tried using a GTX 780ti, and am currently troubleshooting with a GTX 480 (as I have gotten a previous hackintosh up and running with that card).

I'm trying to figure out whether this is a Motherboard issue, a CPU issue, a GPU issue, a BIOS issue, or a bootflag issue.

So far I have not been able to reach the install screen.

Anyone have any insight here?

Hello guys,

I also have the same problem as fkenned1.

I'm getting stuck at "16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers" line.

I tried several bootflags (cpus=1 -v npci=0x2000 npci=3000 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1...) no success.

The Bios on f7 and I also tried booting without speedstepping or with only 8 cores or the RAM with only 1600 MHZ...

Still stuck at that point. =(

Any ideas?

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I know the issue is with the chip and the motherboard... Did you just end up buying a different board? Let me know. I was thinking of trying the f8e beta bios for this board and seeing if that helps.

Was anybody able to install or even get through this error? I have the same setup and I'm stuck at the same error::banghead:
>MAC Framework successfully initialized
>using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster io buffer headers
Thanks

Does this setup really work (GA-X79-UP4 + Xeon E5 2680 v2 - 10 core) or it was just a wast of money?:think:

I'm in the same boat, been at this for days - is anyone running this setup?

Any news about this, as I'm in the same boat. Is it the cores or the ram that causes it? (I have 32gb ram). It seems this cpu has osx issues.

Any news about this, as I'm in the same boat. Is it the cores or the ram that causes it? (I have 32gb ram). It seems this cpu has osx issues.

I also got 32Gb but installed only 8Gb. All my tests have been done with 8Gb and I get stuck at the same point, so I think this is more a issue of OSX-Mobo-CPU, not comparable until now. Maybe we have some luck with Yosemite, if not we got to move to another mobo. Any way, Tonymacx should stop listing this 2 (GA-X79-UP4 and Xeon E5 2680 v2) together as they don't work under OSX

I also got 32Gb but installed only 8Gb. All my tests have been done with 8Gb and I get stuck at the same point, so I think this is more a issue of OSX-Mobo-CPU, not comparable until now. Maybe we have some luck with Yosemite, if not we got to move to another mobo. Any way, Tonymacx should stop listing this 2 (GA-X79-UP4 and Xeon E5 2680 v2) together as they don't work under OSX

Yeah, as I followed tonymack guide I'm now forced to purchase a new mobo. Tried with Yosemite and same problem. Unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back