Contribute
Register

X79 BigSur Will it Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my EFI, all working on Catalina and BigSur, I actually have a 3rd party usb card with Asmedia Chipset and it is working fine nothing needed. For the on-board usb 3 i have USBXHCI_FL1009.kext.

I deleted serial number, so just fill that in. I don't think its perfect but it works

Edit--- I see my asmedia is the 1142 version

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 804
  • Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 14.39.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 14.39.26.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 271
I hay exactly the same config. X79 UP4 + i7 4930k + 2x AMD RX580 MSI.

Ryan, Which is your System Bios Config?? It would be super interesting for me to know it in order to prepare the same hackintosh as you. Even a Little guide would be nice. Thank you in Advance.

I hay exactly the same config. X79 UP4 + i7 4930k + 2x AMD RX580 MSI.

Ryan, Which is your System Bios Config?? It would be super interesting for me to know it in order to prepare the same hackintosh as you. Even a Little guide would be nice. Thank you in Advance.
Did not change much in the bios, boots with defaults. Just use the EFI and done.

The only thing that does not work is hardware encoding, but i think the cpu is the issue.
VDA Decoder (Failed)

Did not change much in the bios, boots with defaults. Just use the EFI and done.

The only thing that does not work is hardware encoding, but i think the cpu is the issue.
VDA Decoder (Failed)
can you please check my efi file with your efi i can boot into catalina but i cant boot into big sur installer
with my efi i get this

Attachments

• EFI_2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 151
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 2.36.20 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 2.36.20 AM.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 113
can you please check my efi file with your efi i can boot into catalina but i cant boot into big sur installer
with my efi i get this
Did you try my efi? try boot with mine. then just add your serial numbers

In the below screenshot you are missing the SSDT-PM,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 19.46.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 19.46.47.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 140
Did you try my efi? try boot with mine. then just add your serial numbers

In the below screenshot you are missing the SSDT-PM,
I tried tour efi it had the best results i was able to boot into catalina but with the big sur installer it gets stuck at 25% then the pc shuts down also note that im not doing a clean install for big sur i updated to big sur using software update so it creates a seperate temporary pertition to update

i didnt add the pm aml file because both of our processors are ivy bridge-e which according to the opencore tutorial we dont need

Here is my telegram link for better contact btw thanks for trying to help

Hi all, sorry to slightly hijack this but very happy to have found a recent X79 thread.... Everything apart from USB3 seems to be working great with my system in Catalina (which I need to stick on for now).
Has anyone had any trouble with USB speeds? The FL1009 gets everything to be recognised by finder etc but all my USB3 speeds are pretty much capped@40mbps read/write. I switched in a 20Pin gensys adapter for TypeC, which is also capped at the same speeds. I get the same results with or with out the adapter card connected....
I just tried switching the first clover EFI to see if it made a difference but sadly it didn’t! TIA

finally got everything working if anyone has x79 and/or an ivy bridge-e cpu you can check my repo to get started note that all acpi are generated by me they are not prebuilt which means you will have to generate specific ones for your pc

Hi all and Merry X-mas!
Here is my working EFI (no theme folder and no IDs) w/ Clover 5127 for ASUS P9X79 (BIOS 4608) and i7 3820 (Sandy Bridge).

Attachments

• EFI_p9x79.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 637
Here's my working Opencore folder for X79-GD45 MSI + Xeon E5-2696v2 Nvidia GTX760. It works for Mojave and Catalina as well but I can't install Big Sur. Usb installer boots and the installation begins, at about 12 min from finish the installer crashes. Tried all I knew but didn't solve. Did you manage to install Big Sur on an old X79 motherboard and, if yes, can you take a quick look to my EFI attached folder and give me some hint?
Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 455
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back