Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 + Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
I use Unibeast to create a Sierra Bootable USB drive (on a system that previously had FreeNAS and OpenMediaVault running on it from a USB drive). For the Sierra install, I first tried the UEFI option and disabled Serial Ports and VT-D in my systems BIOS. Once the system tried to boot the USB drive, all I got was a black screen, I then tried the "Legacy" version on a different USB drive and got the "X64 Exception Type" error (screenshot attached).

Can anyone offer me guidance on how to address this issue? Do I have to make a customized Clover build?

25olTKQ.jpg

I use Unibeast to create a Sierra Bootable USB drive (on a system that previously had FreeNAS and OpenMediaVault running on it from a USB drive). For the Sierra install, I first tried the UEFI option and disabled Serial Ports and VT-D in my systems BIOS. Once the system tried to boot the USB drive, all I got was a black screen, I then tried the "Legacy" version on a different USB drive and got the "X64 Exception Type" error (screenshot attached).

Can anyone offer me guidance on how to address this issue? Do I have to make a customized Clover build?

25olTKQ.jpg
I had the same error but when booting to Windows 7 via Legacy Clover. I disabled Turbo (for the processor) on the BIOS and now I can boot to Windows with no errors. If I enable Turbo again, the same error occurs.
I have no problem booting to Sierra with Turbo enabled

I had the same error but when booting to Windows 7 via Legacy Clover. I disabled Turbo (for the processor) on the BIOS and now I can boot to Windows with no errors. If I enable Turbo again, the same error occurs.
I have no problem booting to Sierra with Turbo enabled
Disabling Turbo. Genius!
I was banging my head with the X64 Exception type problem for days,
In some configurations the computer just restarted when trying to boot. Was just about to give up.
You're a lifesaver man, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back