Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
X61 7762 thinkpad / Lion 10.7.5 / No wifi using Atheros 168c.002a

Hello everyone. I have been wrestling with Lion 10.7.5 for a week, and everything works fine but the wifi. I cannot seem to make this work no matter what I try. The device shows up in Linux, or windows, and in 10.6.6 Snow leopard fine as Atheros AR5212 device id: 168c.002a.

I have tried several kexts, and the ones from the working SL 10.6.6, but it still shows as no hardware found, and it shows up in DPCI as ERROR: Unknown device. I have tried adding the device id to the kext and various things, I have reformatted 3 times, but at this point I am so deep in the forest that I can no longer see the trees. Maybe someone with a fresh perspective can help?

I am fairly new at Hackintoshes, but pretty good with Lin / Win. I have started using the console to check the errors and am seeing:

Can't load AirportAtheros21.kext - failed to resolve dependencies.

It seems every .kext that I try gives that message...

Thanks so much for any help with this. I really love this laptop but no wifi is a deal breaker. :banghead:

At the moment when I use kextutil in the console I get this error:

kextutil IO80211Family.kext
Can't create kext: invalid CFBundleVersion in identifier cache entry 295.
IO80211Family.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily
Dependency Resolution Failures:
Only incompatible kexts found for these libraries:
com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily

Supposedly this kext works in 10.7.5 from here: http://macmanusnl.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/1074_refuses_to_see_atheros_ar9280/

Could you post your kext in S/L/E and /E/E.

I stayed with 10.7.3 for a long time. never get 10.7.5 running successfully.
Actually you can post your art of work in this forum.
viewtopic.php?p=642196

Appreciated,

I followed this guide: http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/10-6-x-on-x60-t60-x61-coreduo-core2duo-gma950-gma3100 but installed Lion 10.7.5 instead. Most of the things worked, but the wifi will not so it is actually a useless brick sitting on the desk.

Mine is an X61 7762 tablet, core2duo, 128 SSD, 3 GB RAM, Middleton bios. The display, sound, finger print reader, keyboard, trackpad, usb ports, sd card reader, sleep all work fine but nothing I have tried will make the internet work, including buying another USB wifi adapter.

I have worked for a week on the wifi and posted on all the popular hackintosh forums and yours is the only reply, on all the forums combined. If you can use a laptop with out internet go for it. For me I plan to format it again when I have the chance and just put something else on it that actually works. :banghead:

Hello there,

I am running 10.7.5 on a non tablet x61-7674-bb9. I have followed this tutorial:http://tatsuikeda.tumblr.com/post/18892325600/hackintosh-x61t.

The wifi did not work with the original Intel card than I suddenly remembered that I had an old 17" iMac lying around. I took the wifi card from the iMac, which is a :

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x89)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.36.15)
Locale: Unknown
Country Code: GB
Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g
this works perfectly fine.

Can you post the image of that Airport model?

I believe the fix for that card works in Snow Leopard, not Lion. I'm currently using that card in an R60 with Snow Leopard and AtherosFix kext. The R61 with Middleton BIOS is using an AR9380 which worked out of the box on Lion(10.7.5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back