Contribute
Register

X58A-UD7+i7-920 and Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th
If it helps any, here's a copy of my plist.
Thanks again Maule. This didn't work for me.

An update I have is that even if the nvme drives are not plugged in, if there are any drives plugged in the intel sata ports, clover crashes, if there are drives in the gigabyte ports, it works normally

I was able to install Mojave 10.14 on old motherboard GA-X58A-UD5 using another MAC following these steps:

1) Connect a SSD to an enclosure and connect to another MAC computer (it will show up as External disk) format as APFS using Disk Utility

2) Download (Install macOS Mojave.app) from App Store and double click to install Mojave on External SSD

3) While still on another MAC computer, install Clover_v2.4k_r4586-Legacy.pkg (download here) to same SSD

4) Mount EFI Partition using Clover Configurator and add DSDT-GA-X58A-UD5-2.0-FB.aml (from DSTD database link here) to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

5) Install USBInjectAll using Clover Configurator > Kext Installer > 10.14

6) Disconnect SSD from working MAC to your MAC with GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard or similar

FYI: I'm using XFX Radeon RX 580 video card which works OOB in High Sierra & Mojave via DP to MDP adapter (dual monitors).

Hope this helps someone.

@Going Bald would you share your build (EFI files)? I have GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard, just purchased XFX Radeon 580, I would like to freshly install Mojave on new SSD. I used UniBeast 9.0 to create USB (Legacy) but it won't boot/start installer...
EFI folder is a zipped attachment to the first post. Remove the DSDT from the APCI folder since you do not have the same board - substitute your own DSDT

Updated via 10.14.3 ComboUpdate download went smoothly. Audio still works without any update/change.

I'm still milking my 8 yo hack along but staring to think about another build.
@Going Bald, one question that's been on my mind the last few days after reading Gio's posts: is there no way to boot my Mojave volume from the GSATA ports? I can connect a drive to them and a speed test indicates ~20-30% increase over the ICH10 ports. Digging through the way-back posts for info about this is a bit confusing. Besides an add-in card, is it possible?

Hey maoule,

Not sure if you can boot from GSATA, but i have fixed my issues by inserting Sunki's patches for ICH10 (code below). It seems to work although it's for 10.13..
I have 3 soft raid 0 arrays in my system and before the patches, clover only recognised the array attached to GSATA ports 6,7 and was crashing with the 2 arrays attached to the intel ports.
I inserted the patches, rebuild one of the intel arrays (clover was still crashing because one of the drives) and everything is good.

(Reason for all these arrays is that this is a music studio machine, so I need the different drives, for audio recording, sample libraries etc)

So right now my system is:
Mojave on NVME 950 pro with pcie -> m.2 adaptor
2nd NVME drive 970 pro with pcie -> m.2 adaptor (Audio)
1 x Raid 0 array (2 HDDs) on Intel 0+1 (Samples)
1 x Raid 0 array (4 HDDs) on Intel 2-5 (Audio)
1 x Raid 0 array (2 HDDs) on GSATA 6+7 (Mavericks)

No deal braker, but the only issues I have right now is that I still can't boot from the 950 pro (need usb stick) and that GSATA ports 8,9 (jmicron) are not working, with or without the 3rd party SATA kexts extracted from multibeast. They are showing at system info but the drives attached to the ports don't show up anywhere.

Besides these issues the Mojave system is blazing fast and performs better than the Mavericks one under the same load.

Many thanks to you for the help and @Going Bald for his EFI folder. They did help a lot!

Don't mean to hijack this thread, as soon as I have finalised the build, I will start a new thread so that others with similar systems can possibly find some info.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=</data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=</data>
            </dict>

Friends its great that you can get latest mac os to run on almost a 10 year old hardware. i have evga x58 sli3, xeon x5650 cpu and rx 580 8gb gpu. i can't seem to find a simple guide to install mac os. can anyone of you please give a detailed guide to install mac os on my pc. it would mean a lot to me. ive been trying to install mac os since 2017(on and off) but always failed. any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

update: i have tried vanilla method of creating mac os bootable usb and then using clover bootloader and pasting lilu and whatevergreen kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder. i can boot into clover and then during booting it boosts to black screen. what should i do? many on other forums say that without igpu or helper card polaris cards boot to black screen. do can't we really install mac os directly without igpu or helper card? any help in this regard would be appreciated. thank you!

Last edited:
Friends its great that you can get latest mac os to run on almost a 10 year old hardware. i have evga x58 sli3, xeon x5650 cpu and rx 580 8gb gpu. i can't seem to find a simple guide to install mac os. can anyone of you please give a detailed guide to install mac os on my pc. it would mean a lot to me. ive been trying to install mac os since 2017(on and off) but always failed. any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

update: i have tried vanilla method of creating mac os bootable usb and then using clover bootloader and pasting lilu and whatevergreen kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder. i can boot into clover and then during booting it boosts to black screen. what should i do? many on other forums say that without igpu or helper card polaris cards boot to black screen. do can't we really install mac os directly without igpu or helper card? any help in this regard would be appreciated. thank you!
As you can see from the pic, RX580 needs only Lilu and Whatevergreen to work. Your black screen issue has some other cause than the GPU. This one is a Gigabyte brand - what brand are you using? Some brands, XFX for one, have their own modified firmware, are not considered "reference" cards and do not work well with Mac OS.
Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 11.32.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 11.32.48 AM.png

hi there! thank you for replying . i am using rx 580 sapphire nitro plus. i am having evga x58 sli 3 mobo. I've tried many smbios options from mac pro 3,1 to mac pro 6,1 and imac 14,2 but in vain. I'd appreciate if u can help me with this hackintosh build. thank you!

from your above picture i can see you are using display port. i tried hackintosh installation over hdmi and dvi (my monitor doesn't have display port). could that be the potential culprit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back