Contribute
Register

X58A-UD7+i7-920 and Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could finally install in my X58 UD4P, only changing the SMBIOS to iMac 14,2, but the system hang after some minutes with iMac 14,2 SMBIOS

Auto updates just downloaded and installed Mac OS 10.14.2 Beta (18C48a) with no problems. Did not even have to re-install audio.
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 5.05.10 PM.png

I believe I can not upgrade My GA x58 UD7 to Mojave because of my ATI 6870 Graphics card. Should I try?

I believe I can not upgrade My GA x58 UD7 to Mojave because of my ATI 6870 Graphics card. Should I try?
Depends if your card supports Metal. Download the OpenGL Extensions Viewer app (free) from the Mac AP Store and run it.
Its main window will show if your graphics card supports Metal.

My venerable 5770 doesn't, so it may be time to finally upgrade. :)
Mine recently gave up the ghost, flashing different colors and showing triangles and tears on the desktop. I replaced it with a Gigabyte Aorus RX580 which works quite well with Lilo and Whatever green kexts.

Downloaded the 10.14.2 Combo Update and attempted to install it: Got the following - suspect it was because I was running 10.14.2 Beta.
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 10.34.19 AM.png

Went to Preferences/Software update and turned on auto updates and rebooted. System notified me updates were available, I clicked on update and the 10.14.2 update downloaded and installed with no problems. Everything running well so far as I can test. Audio did not require anything to work.

System updated to 10.14.3 Beta (18D21c) today 12/11
Working well so far. Audio still working with AppleHDA

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 8.25.49 PM.png

I have the same board. can't get to the installer ! I am using a rev.2 and trying with Sapphire RX580 Pulse.
I have used (HS) a Nvidia 1060.
But the starter on Mojave(UniBeast) won't kick in

Best regards Corpuser

PS any tricks I am not aware of ?
I had to change system definition temporarily from MacPro5,1 to iMac 14,2 to install, then change back for the initial installation. After that, the System Preferences/Software Update has worked every time. If the downloaded app does not work I just turn on autoupdates and log out at the end of the day, then when I log in the next day it tells me updates are available and I let it run.

An alternative is a patch tool by DosDude if what I am reading on OSXDaily and appleinsider is correct, but since I have not tried it I really cannot recommend it. Supposedly it allows installation of 10.13/10.14 on unsupported Macs, but you still need a supported model Mac to download the install app. Not sure how well it would work with the tools on this site either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back