NVIDIA 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I just installed Mountain Lion on my Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board with a Nvidia 560 card. I'm running the DSDT file for my BIOS, I'm running FF right now but I'm going to upgrade as soon as I come home. I ran Multibeast and installed the Audio and NiC drivers and I got everything working smoothly except for one thing. The whole system freezes randomly and I have to do a hard reboot.

I remember I've had these problems before when I ran Hackintosh but I can't remember if I found a solution for it or not. One time it froze up when my brother called me on Facetime. The last time was last night when pretty much just surfed the web and didn't do much. IIRC I actually think I had this problem before when the CPU load was low for a while or something like that, or if it was when it was high I can't really remember.

I've searched the forum for random freezes but can't really find anything on the topic. I know other people have had the same problem, maybe not with the same board though.
Is this a common issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks for any help I can get!
-Patric

Did you install the open CL drivers in MultiBeast for the Fermi cards?

No, do I need to do that for a 560 card?
Isn't Fermi in the 400-series?

I don't know if that was just a coincidence that it froze up two times the same day but I've been running the system without a problem now for over 24h :)
So hopefully the problem wont occur anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back