Contribute
Register

X58A-UD3R Mountain Lion Multibeast Settings (and kernel panic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev.2
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
GeForce GTX 480
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I updated to Mountain lion on my hackintosh (X58A-UD3R Ver.2 FF) and things were going alright all the way up to installing the extra kexts needed for ethernet, audio, and the like.

Not sure what's going on, but I keep having to boot from USB in safe mode to get it running to try another Multibeast installation.

When booting up in verbose mode, it stops at CPUPowerManagement.kext . . . timed out. (Sorry no screen shot for now, will have one up later)

So...I'm guessing there are some wrong/uninstalled kexts I need fixed in order to get this comp booting without the USB and without safe mode.

Any suggestions for anyone else with the same mobo? X58A-UD3R Ver.2 FF

Thanks for any help guys!

Why you use cpupowermanagement.kext?
I think you just need to remove that kext from S/L/E
try to rebuild cache after remove kext, use Kext Wizard for that.

Hope this help

Mine is booting fine X58A-UD3R Rev 2. Network works, video works, USB, etc. Only thing I haven't attempted is audio.

I also do NOT have that extension in S/L/E.

Ok so I updated to Mountain lion on my hackintosh (X58A-UD3R Ver.2 FF) and things were going alright all the way up to installing the extra kexts needed for ethernet, audio, and the like.

ML is 64bit only!

So all 32bit kexts will result into a KP making your system unusuable.

Please check your kexts for 64bit compatibility.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Quick question — I've deleted the CPUPowerManagement.kext, and I also see that there's an AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in the s/l/e.

Should I remove those too?

Trying to rebuild caches now with kext wizard and see if the kernel panic goes away at least.

Wish me luck and I will update soon!

P.S. Thanks for the multibeast screen shots, I'll be following this method to get this hackintosh up and running again : )

P.P.S - Ok I restarted and still getting panic. Tried verbose and it's stuck at this point. For the past 15 min or so. Any clue?

Attachments

• Verbose.jpg
    Verbose.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 2,555
i posted screenshots on my thread of what i used for multibeast after install. got things workign properly. i haven't tried sleep yet.

i have the FB version, but shouldn't be too different.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...2010-i7-930-gigabyte-x58-ga-ud3r-rev-2-a.html

Ckat! Thanks a bunch!

I just did a fresh install after getting frustrated of trying to find the kext that was causing a the panic and followed your multibeast settings. Works like a charm.

Thanks again : )

Thanks a bunch guys!

Quick question — I've deleted the CPUPowerManagement.kext, and I also see that there's an AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in the s/l/e.

Should I remove those too?

Trying to rebuild caches now with kext wizard and see if the kernel panic goes away at least.

Wish me luck and I will update soon!

P.S. Thanks for the multibeast screen shots, I'll be following this method to get this hackintosh up and running again : )

P.P.S - Ok I restarted and still getting panic. Tried verbose and it's stuck at this point. For the past 15 min or so. Any clue?

dont remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in the s/l/e they are vanilla kexts.

About your KP
seems like there is a problem reading you cache

try to boot with
UseKernelCache=No

EDIT: Nice its working for you :) GZ!!

Same mobo but stuck

I have the same mobo, rev2 and BIOS version is FB. I got the following KP:

Can you please kindly help me with this?

Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Problem solved by removing npci=0x3000 from boot plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back