Contribute
Register

X58a-UD3R macos Sierra with the very old guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and thanks so much to this thread for the help it gave me sorting out a Sierra Hack on my X58. I havent done any hackintoshing since Mavericks and learnt the little I know with snowleopard as im a regular mac user and systemcautious..

I got caught out after my first sierra install because clover which im new to did something weird to the bios as when i checked it out a password had appeared so i had to do cmos reset and then missed a tick from my well worn settings - this esata tickbox in bios meant that my attempts at clean installs didnt appear with a unibeast boot but as the drives appeared when I opened in mavericks I spent a day checking for tricks to restore the Mach_kernal which doesnt exist in sierra - so anybody checking this make sure the bios is correct if it wont boot beyond machkernel message.

The AppleRTC=true in clover sorted my machine not shutting down so thanks again......

Next move is the basics ive got voodoo for audio, the nvidia install for my 9800, ralink for my wifidongle,
but im unsure in cloverconfigurator how to activate ethernet - im used to multibeast install kext from a selection?
Also talk here of patching the "AppleTyMCEDriverkext" but I cant find it - for use when changing to 5.1 for a usb3 card im checking out?

I suspect Sierra is the last OS for this machine but with its advantages its great to keep it going.

mick
Try the config.plist in post linked in post #69 this thread. Has attached the EFI folder of my X58A.
You can use the config.plist as is, but suggest you run Clover Configurator and get a new serial number.

Have you edited your board's DSDT for full power management? See d00d's excellent guide over on insanelymac.com for a complete guide to DSDT edits needed. You can skip the ones for specific CPUs if you want and just do the others.

Hello everybody

It's been several days since I tried to install High Sierra on an old Hackintosh GA-X58-UD3R which has been running for several years without problems with Mountain Lion.

I would like to use it as a rescue station and I need it to run either with High Sierra or Sierra.

I tried the unibeast utility to install Sierra and HS, but I still have the same problem.

by doing F12 boot as recommended for this motherboard, I find myself on this screen:

img_2610.jpg

I select Hard disk and I see this screen screen :

img_2616.jpg

by clicking on RDP8 CF where there is my installer, I have a black screen then this error message :

img_2617.jpg

I would like to know what I forgot to do as the author of this tutorial on the GA-X58-UD3R seems to success with the same config as me.

Is it because I'm on Mountain Lion? I also add that I create my USB key on a macbook that runs under Maverick. Is it then because Maverick is too old ?

my bios is in FH version, so the last version and I can not exactly find the list of changes to perform. Often what is described about changes to the bios is too recent for my bios.

sorry if my question seems to you stupid :), I created this Hackintosh in 2008 and as it worked perfectly since all those years, I did not follow all evolutions of the Hackintosh ..

Thanks by advance for your advices and good week to all !

@powermybook

Try a different USB drive. The boot loader failed to install when you ran UniBeast. Make sure you have a fresh download of High Sierra and the latest UniBeast app download. A new 16GB flash drive is recommended.

ok thanks for your reply
my unibeast is the last one of Tonymac.
I use a 16 GB compactflash card insert in a USB reader. Maybe the problem become from there..
I always did that for my unibeast but maybe it does'nt work anymore..

I will buy a new usb flash drive and tell you.

I'm a little embarrassed to ask such a simple question but I have struggled to find an answer.

I have a system (see Main build below for details) in which I have 2 SSD's. On SSD #1 I have El Capitan. On SSD #2 I have Sierra. This is a legacy system so at some point I have installed a Clover efi folder in the root of each of those drives. New methods of install for Multibeast created a third Clover efi folder in the hidden efi partition of SSD #2 Sierra. To be clear that is Sierra/EFI/EFI. I had a fairly full functioning system so I left things alone.

Now I need to figure out which of the 3 Clover EFI folders I am booting from. I'd like to experiment a bit with the Clover config.plist but I have no idea which of the 3 config.plist files I am booting from. I know there must be something simple I am missing.

Edit: Let me give a quick example of why this confuses me. If I boot from the SSD containing El Capitan I get the Apple Themed Clover boot screen. Presumably that is determined by the config.plist in the EFI folder in the root of that drive. If I boot to the SSD containing Sierra I get the BMG themed Clover boot screen. Presumably that is determined by the config.plist in the EFI folder in the root of that drive OR the Config.plist file located in the hidden EFI partition of that Siera drive ie. EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist. However, if I make a small change to config.plist in the hidden EFI partition of that Siera drive (like change the frequency and buss speed under CPU in Clover Configurator). If I let my system reboot it boots to the El Capitan SSD with Apple Themed Clover boot screen. I select to boot Sierra and the changes I made to the CPU frequency and buss speed are accurately reflected. But it shouldn't should it? I booted originally from the other drive which is a totally different config.plist.

That last bit should serve to demonstrate my confusion. I hope someone will help clear up my confusion. Thanks.

Last edited:
H!
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my X58a-UD3R (Bios FF, I can't update to FH because Quickflash give me error "wrong file dimension").
I boot from my USB Unibeast key, but when I reach to MacOS Installation I can't see my SSD...
BIOS shows me SSD, and Clover shows me SSD on boot... but there aren't on Mac OS installation, and I can't proceed to installation....
Any suggestion, please?
Antonio

H!
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my X58a-UD3R (Bios FF, I can't update to FH because Quickflash give me error "wrong file dimension").
I boot from my USB Unibeast key, but when I reach to MacOS Installation I can't see my SSD...
BIOS shows me SSD, and Clover shows me SSD on boot... but there aren't on Mac OS installation, and I can't proceed to installation....
Any suggestion, please?
Antonio

If it’s in apfs mode (installed on SSD) then you need to put apfsEFI in your clover/Drivers64UEFI folder. It should be here in downloads section. If it’s in Legacy mode you could try putting it in Clover/drivers64 folder.

If it’s in apfs mode (installed on SSD) then you need to put apfsEFI in your clover/Drivers64UEFI folder. It should be here in downloads section. If it’s in Legacy mode you could try putting it in Clover/drivers64 folder.

Thanks for your answer!
I don't have SSD in APFS because I'm on Mavericks actually... it seems that the Mac OS Installation (nor Clover or Bios) don't see internal SSD or HDD, that are HFS+ formatted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back