Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT - Updating to 10.6.6 before running MultiBeast did the trick.

Hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. This isn't my first hackintosh, but it is my first using iBoot / MultiBeast.

I have no problem booting using iBoot and installing OS X / rebooting with iBoot. The problem comes when I use MultiBeast on my system using the settings detailed in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465 (since my build is almost exactly the same (check my signature)), everything goes fine, but upon reboot, the system simply hangs on the Apple loading screen.

Some important things to note:
- I am running the latest MultiBeast on 10.6.3, which I think may be my problem; I'll update this if the 10.6.6 combo update before MultiBeast fixes this.
- My bios settings are all correct (HPET 64-bit, all set to AHCI, etc.)
- I am using a DSDT for the FE (latest bios) from the DSDT database here.

Any ideas why it might be hanging? Is it because of the first note up there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

alax said:
Hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. This isn't my first hackintosh, but it is my first using iBoot / MultiBeast.

I have no problem booting using iBoot and installing OS X / rebooting with iBoot. The problem comes when I use MultiBeast on my system using the settings detailed in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465 (since my build is almost exactly the same (check my signature)), everything goes fine, but upon reboot, the system simply hangs on the Apple loading screen.

Some important things to note:
- I am running the latest MultiBeast on 10.6.3, which I think may be my problem; I'll update this if the 10.6.6 combo update before MultiBeast fixes this.
- My bios settings are all correct (HPET 64-bit, all set to AHCI, etc.)
- I am using a DSDT for the FE (latest bios) from the DSDT database here.

Any ideas why it might be hanging? Is it because of the first note up there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You need to update to at least 10.6.5 to get support for your 5770 graphics card, so you might as well go ahead and do the 10.6.6 combo update.

Ah, alright. I was going to update anyway, but Apple's download servers were really slow last night. I'll apply the update when I get home, and hopefully I won't have the hanging on boot anymore.

I'll post back when I know for sure; however, I've heard things about both the AppleHDA rollback and Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver causing hangs. Has anyone heard anything about those or am I totally off-base here?

alax said:
Ah, alright. I was going to update anyway, but Apple's download servers were really slow last night. I'll apply the update when I get home, and hopefully I won't have the hanging on boot anymore.

I'll post back when I know for sure; however, I've heard things about both the AppleHDA rollback and Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver causing hangs. Has anyone heard anything about those or am I totally off-base here?
I've heard of Realtek's driver causing problems -hanging at the RTL8169 loading point, and also breaking sleep but not lnx2mac's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back