i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
like the title says, I have:
X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB bios
i7 930
3x2GB
GTX 480

I'm booting with Empire EFI and install SL no problem, but once I'm in SL I'm confused which choices to pick in MultiBeast 2.3.0 for my config and which DSDT and kext I should use. There's a lot of instructions floating around but they all use an older MultiBeast, which I think is causing my problems when using the latest MB 2.3.0.

Help is greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm really close, just can't get the system to reboot without the CD.

Douirc said:
i7 930
3x2GB
GTX 480

I'm booting with Empire EFI and install SL no problem, but once I'm in SL I'm confused which choices to pick in MultiBeast 2.3.0 for my config and which DSDT and kext I should use. There's a lot of instructions floating around but they all use an older MultiBeast, which I think is causing my problems when using the latest MB 2.3.0.

Help is greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm really close, just can't get the system to reboot without the CD.
My guide viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837&p=33933 works with MultiBeast 2.3.0 except for the GTX 480. Don't know what you'll need for that.

Douirc said:
i7 930
3x2GB
GTX 480

For the GTX480, try this guide:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=232197
He's using aquamac's fermi fix package for the GTX480
You might also want to do a search on insanelymac for the gtx480 and see what you come up with. It's usually interesting reading to see what problems users encountered and what they tried to do to fix them - keeps you from making the same mistakes they did to begin with - ha!

MacMan said:
My guide viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837&p=33933 works with MultiBeast 2.3.0 except for the GTX 480. Don't know what you'll need for that.

yeah, great guide! only prob is it won't work with gtx 480 :( not sure exactly what settings are throwing it, but whatever it is, your setup won't work with my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back