Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi There,

Newb here looking for some advice; if there's a thread on x58 Pro-E systems that I missed, please point me to it and stop reading ;)

Saw some had success with a similar system over on another Hackintosh forum but I much prefer tonymacx86.

Hoping someone can shed some light on how compatible my PC might be for the Customac approach:

I own a real mac pro and have 10.9 on a bootable thumb drive, just looking for some feedback before taking the plunge.

System:
MSI X58 Pro-E
i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz
12GB PC3 1066 (6x 2GB modules - triple channel memory)
GeForce 210 or GTX 285 (1GB VRAM - non Mac edition)
Samsung 830 Pro 256 GB

Many thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Newb here looking for some advice; if there's a thread on x58 Pro-E systems that I missed, please point me to it and stop reading ;)

Saw some had success with a similar system over on another Hackintosh forum but I much prefer tonymacx86.

Hoping someone can shed some light on how compatible my PC might be for the Customac approach:

I own a real mac pro and have 10.9 on a bootable thumb drive, just looking for some feedback before taking the plunge.

System:
MSI X58 Pro-E
i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz
12GB PC3 1066 (6x 2GB modules - triple channel memory)
GeForce 210 or GTX 285 (1GB VRAM - non Mac edition)
Samsung 830 Pro 256 GB

Many thanks in advance!

samoxp

Dont know if your aware of this but Apple has stopped support for X58 chipsets when they introduced Lion 10.7.4 - and this has been that way ever since. SO X58 is not supported. So this chipset is ok w Snow Leo and Lion up till 10.7.3:

But if you use the 10.6.8 Rollback for ASUS X58 System this can restore the functionality of these systems for booting.
WHen U apply any Apple Update this needs to be selected again - not sure as to why its labled ASUS X58 by the TonyMac crew!

THis was not what it was called in MultiBeast 5.5.x
This Option is under the System section in MB 6.

Outside of that it should be ok - see if anyone in the Desktop User Builds has done a X58 system.

It maybe time to update the hardware to something new like an X79 or Haswell system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back