Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> X58 Died - Any Motherboards with Similar Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GB,
I finally updated my Bios from F5 to F7 and replaced my quad core with a six core W3680. So much better! Thank you for the recommendation. Stay healthy in this covid. Time for Big Sur....
Are you using a DSDT?

Yes. Do I have a chance?
Certainly - native to HS, with no_compat_check boot-arg for Mojave and above.
Compare your DSDT to mine (I have attached it) - I have full power management thanks to a guide by d00d and sleep / wake works fine.
Also, by using the RX580 SSDT from one of the threads over in the graphics forum I get faster response and GPU power management. Without it, my RX 580 does not wake in the morning although the PC wakes up - Mac OS may wake, but with a "no signal" notice the screen goes back to power saving mode. With the SSDT, the GPU wakes with no problem. YMMV if you want to try it.

Attachments

• X58A.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 67
Naive question here... where do you place the RX580 SSDT file? (is it even relevant anymore?) Does it go inside the same folder as the DSDT file, "EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched"?

Naive question here... where do you place the RX580 SSDT file? (is it even relevant anymore?) Does it go inside the same folder as the DSDT file, "EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched"?
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back