Contribute
Register

X58 can't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same thing with my GA-X58A-UD3R (FF) last night. 'Late adapter' as I am, switched to Clover and upgraded to Sierra from Yosemite just 2 days ago. Install was a breeze on a new SSD (kept the previous Yosemite/Chimera SSD for well...ya know). Shutdown worked properly, until after I booted Win10 (separate drive, no partition) by selecting the drive via BiOS/F12.
Closed Win10 after I was done fiddling around, booted OSX, finished my work in Sierra, shut down....hardware kept spinning. Gave it a few reboots/shutdowns. Nothing worked, till I unticked 'Reopen windows when logging back in'. Hardware shut down like before.

Edit: Swapping back to my Yosemite installed SSD for the time being sice Adobe After Effects seems to have issues in Sierra...:evil:

Last edited:
hi all...
im up to sierra on my GA-X58A-UD3R..... fab
and since going to 4,1 mac pro it seems to be shutting down a little more often ... but ca someone please explain how to use the dsdt.aml file from GB...... should i manually place this dsdt file within the clover folders or where.... and should i adapt it to my board /processor in any way?
i can't see a dsdt file in use anywhere on the boot dives ive been experimenting with......
all a little mystical but fun...

ta very
w

hi all...
im up to sierra on my GA-X58A-UD3R..... fab
and since going to 4,1 mac pro it seems to be shutting down a little more often ... but ca someone please explain how to use the dsdt.aml file from GB...... should i manually place this dsdt file within the clover folders or where.... and should i adapt it to my board /processor in any way?
i can't see a dsdt file in use anywhere on the boot dives ive been experimenting with......
all a little mystical but fun...

ta very
w

If it can help I had the same issue on my x58 MSI board: shutdown used to work properly with CHAMELEON + edited DSDT, but no more after switching to Clover (and same edited DSDT). I just discovered that CLOVER default configuration has AppleIntelAICPUPM patch checked, I just unchecked it and...now the system shuts down properly!

If it can help I had the same issue on my x58 MSI board: shutdown used to work properly with CHAMELEON + edited DSDT, but no more after switching to Clover (and same edited DSDT). I just discovered that CLOVER default configuration has AppleIntelAICPUPM patch checked, I just unchecked it and...now the system shuts down properly!

excellent, i shall try this, and try to find the option..... are you clicking a box and if so where or adding it as AppleIntelAICPUPM = false somewhere?

ta very much
w

excellent, i shall try this, and try to find the option..... are you clicking a box and if so where or adding it as AppleIntelAICPUPM = false somewhere?

ta very much
w

Download clover configurator, mount EFI partition where Clover is installed, load you config.plist and you will see (and eventually change) your boot options, or you can manually do it just modifying "true" or "false" values in config.plist

Download clover configurator, mount EFI partition where Clover is installed, load you config.plist and you will see (and eventually change) your boot options, or you can manually do it just modifying "true" or "false" values in config.plist

thanks again.....
i used a text editor and found AsusIntelAICPUPM but no apple so i added it manually....
first attempt shutdown..... hoorah...
second third and fourth not..

thanks for the tip but it looks not to have worked....
im back to the mysterious shutdown at a ratio of 1-10 not...

ever on..

ta
w

i used a text editor and found AsusIntelAICPUPM but no apple so i added it manually....

Sorry, I meant just that, it is an ASUS boards specific patch, the value must be "false" you don't have to add a AppleIntelAICPUPM line, if I understand right what you did. Besides, I remember to you that I also have an edited DSDT, do you?

Sorry, I meant just that, it is an ASUS boards specific patch, the value must be "false" you don't have to add a AppleIntelAICPUPM line, if I understand right what you did. Besides, I remember to you that I also have an edited DSDT, do you?

ah no i don't have an edited DSDT and also i struggled to understand from the thread exactly where to find an edited version for my
GA-X58A-UD3R gigabyte

ah no i don't have an edited DSDT and also i struggled to understand from the thread exactly where to find an edited version for my
GA-X58A-UD3R gigabyte

here: Downloads --> DSDT database --> Gigabyte

I checked it out and your mobo is available, just check your model revision and BIOS version, it should be the same

here: Downloads --> DSDT database --> Gigabyte

I checked it out and your mobo is available, just check your model revision and BIOS version, it should be the same

ah i misunderstod... i do have a standard tonymac DSDT, i thought you may have been referring to a self edited one to deal with this particular issue....
sigh
w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back