Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything seems to work pretty damn well on my setup now. In fact, power management seems far better than with Chameleon-- I'm now getting that 23X turbo bin on up to 2 cores, and my single-thread performance in Cinebench r11.5 and r15 and Geekbench 3 has jumped a solid 15-30%!

There are a few low-impact niggles remaining:

1. I cannot get Clover to appear on my screen at 2560 x 1440 (it looks more like 768p). The OS loads at full resolution, but no matter what edits I make I just don't seem to get said resolution at the bootloader-- despite getting it, or close to it, with the USB installer and identical edits!

Did you ever solve this?
This is an old topic for sure, but I am having a similar issue I can NOT solve with Clover boot menu (& icons) not having the correct resolution. Also the apple logo in stage 1 of booting is stretched until it passes on to stage 2 of boot wherein the resolution corrects itself to the correct size apple logo.

I have Mojave on this old legacy EX58 UD3R MB & still using Xeon 5650 @ 4.07 ghz. I did have the Clover boot menu resolution working correctly at some point around El Cap & through Sierra but my boot SSD died and I have not been able to re-establish it. Such a minor yet annoying detail. The correct Clover menu resolution looks so much better and of course I am not pleased by the stretched Apple Logo on boot up. Any solutions for you? What OS are you currently using...I think we have very similar rigs.

I have just decided to install Sierra on an SSD in my machine. This one machine now runs Sierra, Snow Leopard (I still love), Mountain Lion and Windows 7 on separate drives....with a couple of extra drives for storage. Everything works fine, though I'm having no luck with shutdown on the machine. My physical machine is almost 10 years old now.....and simply reliable.

I have just decided to install Sierra on an SSD in my machine. This one machine now runs Sierra, Snow Leopard (I still love), Mountain Lion and Windows 7 on separate drives....with a couple of extra drives for storage. Everything works fine, though I'm having no luck with shutdown on the machine. My physical machine is almost 10 years old now.....and simply reliable.
Do you have a properly edited DSDT?

Do you have a properly edited DSDT?
Thanks GB. No, to be honest, that's the one thing I haven't touched. Still using the same DSDT from my original build. I've never been game to play with my DSDT file - I'll download a new copy, backup my old and see how I go - I see there are some good guides on it, so I'll give it ago.
Thanks for your advice!
Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back