Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late in the thread. I am considering to get OSx on my system since Windows 10 seems to have some audio bugs and no sleep on my GA-x58a-UD3R and there is no community forming for that anywhere, just suspicious websites with drivers.

I was able to buy an OSx 10.6.3 disc way back, that isn;t a thing now and I need Mac OS in order to download the update and use that. What do I do to get El Capitan now or even some previous version that is compatible?

You have to borrow a MAC to make an install USB. Any other way is not allowed to be discussed on this Board. So you will have to look elsewhere.

You have to borrow a MAC to make an install USB. Any other way is not allowed to be discussed on this Board. So you will have to look elsewhere.
Not true - see post 382. Or, at most, only partially true if you have Skylake hardware.

I stand corrected, I had somehow missed that. Good to know about that method.

I have everything working. Sound, sleep-wake.... except USB3.0
I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...-ud3r-core-i7-930-ati-5770-os-x-10-11.177063/
The only thing that annoys me is that every time I power on or restart machine, immediately prior to logging (I do not see that screen), it is immediately restarted. And after that, everything go smoothly. Does anyone have an idea where the problem is?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I shut it off and power on again. Now he is restarted 8 times until he reached the login screen. Hm....

Last edited:
Hi,
my system drive is dead ... so i have to reinstall from scratch my hackintosh build (this was on old macos version)
Tools have changed since my old install some years ago.

Someone has full instruction for el capitan installation on gigabyte UX58-UD5 please ?

If not :

For unibeast, please confirm if i must use Legacy Boot Mode ?
Post install i must not use multibeast ?
What clover version should i use :
UEFI Boot Mode (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_UEFI.pkg)
or Legacy Boot Mode (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg)
or Legacy Boot Mode - Root (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy_Root.pkg) ?

Last edited:
Hi,
my system drive is dead ... so i have to reinstall from scratch my hackintosh build (this was on old macos version)
Tools have changed since my old install some years ago.

Someone has full instruction for el capitan installation on gigabyte UX58-UD5 please ?

If not :

For unibeast, please confirm if i must use Legacy Boot Mode ?
Post install i must not use multibeast ?
What clover version should i use :
UEFI Boot Mode (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_UEFI.pkg)
or Legacy Boot Mode (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg)
or Legacy Boot Mode - Root (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy_Root.pkg) ?
Confirm Legacy Boot Mode for UniBeast.
Post install you will definitely use MultiBeast (I used Legacy Boot Mode - Root so I did not have to mount the EFI partition to edit config.plist) Legacy mode - root places EFI Clover folder in root, same as the old /Extra folder used to be for Chimera/Chameleon booting. Select boot mode, networking and audio kexts along with 3rd party SATA and 3rd party eSATA. NullCPU is a must if you did not manage to save your DSDT from your old install. Do you have any time machine backups or clones of your drive you could restore from?

Hi,
I successfully installed almost everything on my EX-58 UD5. Pretty happy now.
Just it takes a lot of time before showing clover menu. Any idea to troubleshoot this pls ?

I posted my bdmesg as attachment & clover configurator boot section.

Attachments

• bdmesg - copie.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Capture d’écran 2016-07-15 à 20.55.54.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-15 à 20.55.54.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 233
Hi,
I successfully installed almost everything on my EX-58 UD5. Pretty happy now.
Just it takes a lot of time before showing clover menu. Any idea to troubleshoot this pls ?

I posted my bdmesg as attachment & clover configurator boot section.
I have not figured out the extremely long boot/wait times with Clover yet.

I have not figured out the extremely long boot/wait times with Clover yet.

Hopefully I was able to fix it, by plugging all my hard drives only to Blue Sata mother board ports ( EX58-UD5 ).
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back