Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed btwnwlds guide from post #231 and my problem seems to be much more upstream. After I successfully make the unibeast install drive and can boot up into the clover bootloader, I cannot seem to use my keyboard or mouse anymore.

I am on a X58a-ud3r rev 2 FH, I have tried all the different usb 2.0 ports in the back, I have also disabled usb 3.0 but for some reason I still cannot even hit enter or click once into the boot loader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind the issue is solved for me. I needed to format the USB drive in MBR and not GUID

Ok... I got El Capitan Installed and I am really struggling with Clover.

I ran Multibeast and injected Nvidia and my graphics output is not working.... However I am using screen sharing on my Macbook and I am logged on and messing with Clover. I only copied my DSDT to the EFI mounted partition so far. I guess right now I am trying to get graphics back and get clover working properly. My Apple Keyboard seems to work USB and the network is working. This is so confusing and there is so much information. Any thoughts on how I can get my graphics back and get this Clover thing sorted? I feel like I am close....

I just rebooted and it wanted to mount the EFI and create a config file. config.plist not found! I am sure this is super basic clover stuff. I am just not clover knowledgeable..... yet

Ok, I will just keep adding since I was the last one to reply...

I was able to get this working by watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w85DOc-vpIw

I actually seem to have a nice system going here! Boots no problem... As of right now I see Trim is not enabled and I am not sure about USB 3.0 Although the USB 3 drive is connected and I can see it. I guess I could do a speed test or something. I am on the web.... Hmm. Almost to easy....

Any advice on the Trim and the USB3?

YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!

Ok... I got El Capitan Installed and I am really struggling with Clover.

I ran Multibeast and injected Nvidia and my graphics output is not working.... However I am using screen sharing on my Macbook and I am logged on and messing with Clover. I only copied my DSDT to the EFI mounted partition so far. I guess right now I am trying to get graphics back and get clover working properly. My Apple Keyboard seems to work USB and the network is working. This is so confusing and there is so much information. Any thoughts on how I can get my graphics back and get this Clover thing sorted? I feel like I am close....

I just rebooted and it wanted to mount the EFI and create a config file. config.plist not found! I am sure this is super basic clover stuff. I am just not clover knowledgeable..... yet
DSDT goes in Clover/ACPI/Patched
Try without injecting nVidia. Did you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot-arg before?

DSDT goes in Clover/ACPI/Patched
Try without injecting nVidia. Did you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot-arg before?

Yes I did use graphics enabler before, I have this thing up and running! I got trim enabled by using this guide!
http://myosx.info/os-x/how-to-enable-trim-on-hackintosh-clover/

One thing I am having problems with at this moment is my USB PCI card seems to not be powering up my ilok properly. When I go into Pro Tools it asks for it and when I plug the dongle into the front pro tools opens and reads the ilok... So something with power and PCI is my next task...... Ok editing this again. The internal USB inside the case is not working but the back ports are on my PCI Usb expansion. Hmmmm, seems strange. My mouse is not working on the internal USB of the card. I am going to try an dee-seat the pci

Ok here is another really really weird thing, one of my large hard drives "I can only read" cannot write to???? Thats kind of a problem.... Any ideas with that? Haven't tested sleep either

.....ANswer found
I fixed the cant see drives thing with a paragon NTFS update install as that drive was NTFS. Hmm Only thing so far is the internal USB on my PCI, gonna boot windows and see if it works there. Sleep and wake work

And thank you again Going Bald! You gave me the strength. You are simply the wind beneath my wings!

Things are playing nice, it seems I have gotten USB 3 speeds after all. I did do the USB fix. Where I am now is shut down doesn't seem to work. Sleep and restart are ok. Not that I am too bothered as my computer is always on... Strange. I am about to try and boot into windows and check that internal to the case PCI USB port with my iLok on it. I will report back....So far so good though!

Ok nevermind it worked after a reboot. Computer shut down. Now to open case...

has anyone gotten audio to work? I tried voodoohda.kext.

Perhaps does anyone have instruction for how to get onboard audio working on a x58a-ud3r rev 2 FH? I followed btwnwlds guide from post #231

thanks

Hey jcslp15, need some details to help. Does anything appear under Preferences > Sound > Output or Input? Are you going out to headphones? Speakers?

btwnwlds

Hey i was able to get sound working somehow. Just wondering if you happen to have a guide that you followed to get messages to work with your system?

Thanks

Yeah I am where you are at, I don't really care that much that iMessage is not working but it would be nice.....

Things are playing nice, it seems I have gotten USB 3 speeds after all. I did do the USB fix. Where I am now is shut down doesn't seem to work. Sleep and restart are ok. Not that I am too bothered as my computer is always on... Strange. I am about to try and boot into windows and check that internal to the case PCI USB port with my iLok on it. I will report back....So far so good though!

How exactly did you get USB 3 working on your PCI card? Did you install a specific driver/kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back