Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have 72 hours to figure this thing out & write a step by step guide for dummies otherwise I am whipping out my credit card & buying a new motherboard from Newegg :thumbup:.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing after my initial round of tinkering with El Capitan but then I thought about the fact that I would need a new CPU and RAM to go along with it and this old dog (X58A-UD3R) with a Xeon X5650 @ 4.2GHz still has a lot of bark. I built this box years ago (6? 8? can't even remember) as my main Linux workstation and its never let me down and compares very nicely to 'modern' rigs. Hopefully a reliable solution will be worked out soon.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing after my initial round of tinkering with El Capitan but then I thought about the fact that I would need a new CPU and RAM to go along with it and this old dog (X58A-UD3R) with a Xeon X5650 @ 4.2GHz still has a lot of bark. I built this box years ago (6? 8? can't even remember) as my main Linux workstation and its never let me down and compares very nicely to 'modern' rigs. Hopefully a reliable solution will be worked out soon.

Indeed, i think they're enough for maybe 1-2 years more

Hopefully Clover will be updated with a fix soon

I had to get clover from source forge to reveal that option. Tonymac seems to have disabled tinkering in his version. You can install and get into the El Capitan desktop to fiddle with getting audio and USB3 working... Install clover to ESP and boot0af to MBR seemed to work. My Hard drive is formatted GUID. Also I cannot get clover to boot into Windows 10. Chameleon/Chimera did.

Can you point me in the right direction, on how to do this?

I had to get clover from source forge to reveal that option. Tonymac seems to have disabled tinkering in his version. You can install and get into the El Capitan desktop to fiddle with getting audio and USB3 working... Install clover to ESP and boot0af to MBR seemed to work. My Hard drive is formatted GUID. Also I cannot get clover to boot into Windows 10. Chameleon/Chimera did.[/QUOTE

Can you point me in the right direction, on how to do this?

Sure. Here is the link for the latest clover: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

When you install it there will be a button to customize the installation. You will see install in ESP there.

I have a dual X58 ( 1366 ) and what happens to mine is it installs El Cap, but it sees my workstation as a macbook rp and I cannot log into my apple ID.

How do I fix that? I think everything else works okay.

I have a dual X58 ( 1366 ) and what happens to mine is it installs El Cap, but it sees my workstation as a macbook rp and I cannot log into my apple ID.

How do I fix that? I think everything else works okay.

I think you can go into Clover configurator and have it generate all that.

I got to the installer by using these exact settings for MSI X58 Pro

Hello all,

I have an Asus P6T (no deluxe, just P6T), that I used to use with Yosemite. It worked great. After the fix of the config.plist as suggested here for installing el capitan, it did without much of a fuss. The thing is that I cannot bot into el capitan, I keep getting a broken scrren (of Windows' desktop which is funny). When I first installed Yosemite I had the same problem with my HD7750 graphics card and had to modify AMDRAdeonX4000.kext to load the OS in normal mode, not safe mode.

The thing is that now I cannot get el capitan to load. If I use safe mode, the computer reboots, but I cannot read what it says one nano second before it does (nobody can read that fast! LOL)

Any suggestions or tips?

I think it has to do more with graphics than with chipset, but I thought this would be the place to ask!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back