Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 889 Audio working on my GA-X58-UD7 using the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command terminal file.

I used the following options.
Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n): Y
Confirm Realtek ALC889 (y/n): Y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): N

When I selected 'Y' for Clover Audio ID Injection I could not get audio to work.

Pleased to report that everything appears to be running on my system now... including iMessage! :D

Have you gotten your USB 3.0 ports to work? Also, for some reason, my Bluetooth no longer works. I have the native Bluetooth adapter/Wi-Fi (using the PCI-e card hack). Shutdown does not work either. The computer turns back on again after couple of seconds. Did you face these issues?

I am using the same DSDT.aml file that I had for Yosemite.

I just tried one of the USB 3 ports and they don't appear to work. That's not a huge issue for me because I don't really plug any devices into this computer.

Bluetooth is working for me, but I'm using a 3rd party PCI-E AC/Bluetooth card.

No shutdown or sleep issues that I've encountered so far.

The DsDT file from the database on this website is no longer compatible with El Capitan. When I remove the DSDT file from the patched folder, all the USB ports start working. Audio also stops working when DSDT is present. But without the DSDT file, the computer does not shut down properly. The screen goes dark but the unit stays on.

Has anyone made changes to the DSDT file that is compatible with El Capitan?

I know here everyone is focused on X58A , only one question , I have an asus P6X58D , I did USB with clover and legacy move with nvidia option , at boot after scanning entries I'm able to see only my usb pen (which is named as external drive) and one Windows partition. Could be This situation caused by the controller for SATA 3 drivers where I have connected my two SSD drives?
I have no issues on Yosemite at all with chimera of course , but I found clover very hard and maybe more difficult to use ,at least for me. Unfortunately I could not be able to find one single post on my mobo:banghead:

regards

I know here everyone is focused on X58A , only one question , I have an asus P6X58D , I did USB with clover and legacy move with nvidia option , at boot after scanning entries I'm able to see only my usb pen (which is named as external drive) and one Windows partition. Could be This situation caused by the controller for SATA 3 drivers where I have connected my two SSD drives?
I have no issues on Yosemite at all with chimera of course , but I found clover very hard and maybe more difficult to use ,at least for me. Unfortunately I could not be able to find one single post on my mobo:banghead:

regards

I'd say now is the time to create your own thread-- with your mobo in the title. Like I mentioned earlier, the Gigabyte mobo was the most popular one for the time.

Starting your own thread may attract more eyes (just like when I started this thread it attracted more eyes for X58 in general).

The DsDT file from the database on this website is no longer compatible with El Capitan. When I remove the DSDT file from the patched folder, all the USB ports start working. Audio also stops working when DSDT is present. But without the DSDT file, the computer does not shut down properly. The screen goes dark but the unit stays on.

Has anyone made changes to the DSDT file that is compatible with El Capitan?

Agreed, it would be great if someone could post an up to date DSDT for this mobo that is built for El Cap.

Also, if someone has a no-compromises (or at this point, low compromises) install of El Cap with Clover on this mobo: It would be GREAT to get a step-by-step guide for a fresh install, including screenshots/attachments of any config files or settings needed!

OK retested the X58A-UD3R with the following observations/results:

1. Format the USB Master Boot Record not GUID or boot0af error
2. Clover Legacy Boot Mode must be used
3. USB 2.0 port must be used- try different ones
4. Standard Legacy Boot Mode UniBeast ACPI fixes: FixHPET FixDTGP
5. Additional ACPI fixes: FixDarwin FixIPIC AddMCHC FixUSB

After these changes, it booted to OS X El Capitan USB installer! Thanks to everyone who's posted results here so far.

Here is the config.plist: :thumbup:

These settings worked for me (MSI x58 pro-E)

i got as far as to having installed El Capitan
but after reboot, it goes into kernel panic

I'm back to Yosemite. Without a working DSDT for El Capitan, I don't think we can have a fully functioning system. USB is a complete mess. There aren't any guides for these legacy systems that I can follow either to fix USB issues in DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back