Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it:

Download Clover Configurator on yosemite, then select the USB -> EFI -> CLOVER -> config.plist file
under ACPI, select these settings.

Running El Cap now almost perfectly with these settings.
I'm pretty new with Clover, so no doubt i'll have to reinstall it a couple of times more after i'm done playing around with some kexts and settings.

Board: EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 930
GPU: GTX670

thanks to audioguyjosh for the original settings

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 18.15.11.png

USB Fix shouldn't be necessary but it does make things look more Mac like in IORegistryExplorer by renaming. I'm not 100% but I think the main USB chipset on all X58 motherboards is ICH10 which OS X is happy to load drivers for.

I got it:

Download Clover Configurator on yosemite, then select the USB -> EFI -> CLOVER -> config.plist file
under ACPI, select these settings.

Running El Cap now almost perfectly with these settings.
I'm pretty new with Clover, so no doubt i'll have to reinstall it a couple of times more after i'm done playing around with some kexts and settings.

Board: EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 930
GPU: GTX670

thanks to audioguyjosh for the original settings

View attachment 153414

Question I have mines running great but I always have to enable nvidiva inject everytime I boot. Any way to set it so it's always enabled. Also whenever I use the configutor once installed an reboot kernel panic.

USB Fix shouldn't be necessary but it does make things look more Mac like in IORegistryExplorer by renaming. I'm not 100% but I think the main USB chipset on all X58 motherboards is ICH10 which OS X is happy to load drivers for.

There are a number of issues remaining, mainly Chipset, USB and sound, and i'll try to work em out over the weekend. First i wanted to see if this thing would boot Clover at all, which is something i never tried.

Remaining problems as i see so far are:
USBFix didn't help, USB3 for my addon card is still not recognized. Got to use the GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Chipset on SATA shows 'unknown' for the SATA6 addon cards, have to use my old IO kext for the ASM1061 and 88SE9120 and JMicron JMB363AHCI to show up.
Sound not working, as usual...

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully installed El Capitan without caveats with an x58a-ud3r or similar setup!

Just trying to boot the installer causes a kernel panic!

The USB 3.0 card I have is not working correctly either. There is a big USB change in El Cap. My card is an Etron EJ188 chip and the AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext will load because of the IOPCIMatchClass oxoc033000 is listed in the kext but it is forcing the card to run at USB 2.0 speed. It might just be easiest to switch to an FL1100 chip card but I'm waiting until someone else takes that plunge and posts that the card works properly in El Cap first.

Sorry I can't help with the Sata problems. My board is all ICH10 for USB and Sata. Keep it simple Stoopid. :thumbup:

OK retested the X58A-UD3R with the following observations/results:

1. Format the USB Master Boot Record not GUID or boot0af error
2. Clover Legacy Boot Mode must be used
3. USB 2.0 port must be used- try different ones
4. Standard Legacy Boot Mode UniBeast ACPI fixes: FixHPET FixDTGP
5. Additional ACPI fixes: FixDarwin FixIPIC AddMCHC FixUSB

After these changes, it booted to OS X El Capitan USB installer! Thanks to everyone who's posted results here so far.

Here is the config.plist: :thumbup:

Attachments

• config.plist-X58.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 3,339
I've managed to get El Capitan working on my GA-X58-UD7 using those settings, but am unable to get Audio working so far.

I saw some positive reviews that mentioned FL1100 works as PCIe in El Cap so I just ordered an Inateck KT4006 which has the FL1100 chip. I'll keep you posted.

Got 889 Audio working on my GA-X58-UD7 using the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command terminal file.

I used the following options.
Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n): Y
Confirm Realtek ALC889 (y/n): Y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): N

When I selected 'Y' for Clover Audio ID Injection I could not get audio to work.

Pleased to report that everything appears to be running on my system now... including iMessage! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back