X5650
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r + others)

Has anyone had success?

Tony posted in the main El Capitan thread that X58 users should stay on Yosemite for the time being, but I must not be the only one hoping to get on the latest release of OS X relatively soon. After all, those of us who went the hex-core Xeon upgrade route (for <$100) have systems pushing 20,000K on Geekbench, and competing favorably with even the latest generation mainstream and enthusiast releases from Intel.

So, any progress? Any suggestions regarding trying to get our systems running on clover to prepare for El Capitan? Any luck?

UPDATE 1: I found this thread for Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/145429-clover-old-guard-ga-x58a-ud3r-rev-2-0-a.html

Doesn't sound totally figured out, though a few people seem to have gotten it totally working and performing as good (or marginally better) than Chameleon. If anyone wants to put together a revised, step-by-step guide specifically for X58, or this mobo, please feel free to do so in this thread. I'd be willing to update this first post to accommodate it as well.

Has anyone had success?

Tony posted in the main El Capitan thread that X58 users should stay on Yosemite for the time being, but I must not be the only one hoping to get on the latest release of OS X relatively soon. After all, those of us who went the hex-core Xeon upgrade route (for <$100) have systems pushing 20,000K on Geekbench, and competing favorably with even the latest generation mainstream and enthusiast releases from Intel.

So, any progress? Any suggestions regarding trying to get our systems running on clover to prepare for El Capitan? Any luck?

I was not aware of it , What do you think if we could open a dedicated thread to X58 System?I have an ASUS P6X58D Premium which is a monster mobo and I quote 100% what you said.

Thanks

I was not aware of it , What do you think if we could open a dedicated thread to X58 System?I have an ASUS P6X58D Premium which is a monster mobo and I quote 100% what you said.

Thanks

I'm open to a dedicated X58 thread. I only put my mobo in parenthesis since I think it was by far the most common variant used here, and sometimes it's more specific than just the platform.

So, sure, let's make this a general El Capitan on X58 thread, and if it gets too confusing we can start specific threads for specific mobos.

I still suspect we'll be waiting for TonyM and MacM before we get anything too useful on the El Cap/X58 front. Of course it would be a shame if we lost support at this point since the systems are still right up there!

I'm open to a dedicated X58 thread. I only put my mobo in parenthesis since I think it was by far the most common variant used here, and sometimes it's more specific than just the platform.

So, sure, let's make this a general El Capitan on X58 thread, and if it gets too confusing we can start specific threads for specific mobos.

I still suspect we'll be waiting for TonyM and MacM before we get anything too useful on the El Cap/X58 front. Of course it would be a shame if we lost support at this point since the systems are still right up there!

Maybe we could use already this thread maybe by simply modifying its title. In any case once solved the issue with the chipset X58 all the rest will be specific for each mobo involved. Frankly speaking there are not a lot of mobo involved. Once again it would be a shame to lose support on this kind of mobo that in my opinion are even better than more recent solutions.

At the moment I have stopped any further attempt...........to install 10.11.
In case of progress I will post it here and I'm delating my thread on ASUS.

Warmest Regards

I am having no problems with the ElCap GM install on my X58A build. Will be building a Final release USB tonight and will post results.

I can't speak for any motherboard but my own but I successfully installed and could run El Cap on my Supermicro X8DAL. When I find time I might add the directions to my build discussion. In the meantime, I had to use the standard boot flags for X58, proper SIP settings as described in nearby discussions, and with the right combination of clover auto patching. I can update later with a screen shot of Clover Configurator but I'm pretty sure it required the standard config file that Tonymacx86 provides and the following patches:

Add Darwin
Add MCHC
Fix IPIC
Add DTGP

I don't believe Fake LPC is required because the X58 chipset should be supported. These may only be necessary for Supermicro because of the specific way they do their DSDTs but it is worth a shot. I'll try to check back soon but I'll apologize ahead of time if I can't.

I have a (X58A-UD3r). That after 10plus hrs. I have it up and running. Once I get off I'll try to write a quick guide.

Attachments

• 20151001_175807.jpg
    20151001_175807.jpg
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 1,514
  • 20151001_171725.jpg
    20151001_171725.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 1,263
Thanks for this thread, will keep an eye on it. I'm currently running 10.10.5 on my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 using Clover, but with some unresolved issues (no sleep, strange shutdowns, etc). Will be trying El Capitan this weekend, after I get some fresh USB sticks. :)

My system (ex58 ud5) keeps hanging at "com.apple.driver.usbuhcipci 1.0.1", i tried a wide load of boot flags with the Clover configurator, but no success so far.

Anybody got an idea?

IMG_20151002_170953.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back