Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
732
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys, I have installed El Capitan. I can only boot to MacOSX with the bootloader on the USB Stick. As soon as i try without USB, it always boots the Win10 installation. :( I have installed the bootloader on SSD with Clover and Multibeast for El Capitan. :( Can I get the Bootloader of the USB Drive on my SSD? Thanks

Take a look at the Dual Boot solutions, it might help: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryClover

I don't have any direct experience with that myself, but it seems to address that exact issue.
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
18
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
Core i7-950
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed El Capitan on my X58A-UD3R system using the instructions in Post 231. It installed fine, and I was able to get everything working. However, when I turn on or restart the computer, it seems to have only a 10% chance of actually booting to the desktop. The other 90% of the time, it goes through the startup process, but the computer restarts before it actually boots to the desktop. The last message shown on the screen in verbose mode before it restarts is "kernel: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitory trough MCA". I'm not sure if this is relevant though because that is also the last message displayed in verbose mode before it switches to the GUI. When it does actually boot correctly, it appears to run just fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on why it doesn't boot consistently?

So I solved this issue accidentally. I had been using a GTX 650 in this computer, but I recently upgraded another machine and decided to put my old GTX 670 in my hackintosh. Now that it's using the 670, it consistently boots every time I restart. I have no idea why it was having so much trouble with the 650, but that was apparently the source of my problems. Bizarrely, it ran Mavericks just fine. I was never able to get Yosemite working stably. Now I wonder if the GPU was the problem for that too.
 
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
13
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FH
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is yosemite + clover any better (wrt dsdt)
Anyway, I have the same problem as two other people in the thread, everything installs fine, but the installation is not visible in clover (guid part)
Also, which is the cheapest OOB pcie USB 3 card out now?

I resolved this using this kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext View attachment GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

And to boot my computer with any device on port USB3.0 connected.
 
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
13
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FH
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Following this guide:
I am getting a error
boot1: /boot
5

Any idea whats going on here? I have never had issues booting the usb in the past?


Inject -gux_defer_usb2
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
49
Motherboard
GA Z87X UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gtx 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Problems Here with Unibeast and My old EX58 UD5
After install i notice that in the HD the System folder is not present and no way to install clover on the EFi partition
Any suggestion ?
 

Attachments

  • 12697101_10208999978783515_2472672597264573195_o.jpg
    12697101_10208999978783515_2472672597264573195_o.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 12710826_10208999988383755_4697451012396581874_o.jpg
    12710826_10208999988383755_4697451012396581874_o.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 126

Going Bald

Moderator
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
23,307
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Problems Here with Unibeast and My old EX58 UD5
After install i notice that in the HD the System folder is not present and no way to install clover on the EFi partition
Any suggestion ?

Select the Macintosh HD icon and install Clover. You must also have already deselected the UEFI and install in EFI check boxes when selecting the items to install since you are installing on a Legacy BIOS system.

Easier to install with MultiBeast - just select Quick Install->Legacy Mode, then your audio and networking kexts, click build and click install.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
49
Motherboard
GA Z87X UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gtx 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
But why is not present the System folder in the HD ??
And why cannot install clover on the efi partition ?

Select the Macintosh HD icon and install Clover. You must also have already deselected the UEFI and install in EFI check boxes when selecting the items to install since you are installing on a Legacy BIOS system.

Easier to install with MultiBeast - just select Quick Install->Legacy Mode, then your audio and networking kexts, click build and click install.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
49
Motherboard
GA Z87X UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gtx 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After several reinstalling, i discover that Clover in my legacy system don't see the efi partition on the disk and when you install in the system partition the installer indeed write the files inside the EFI partition so it seems to be a bug of clover with the legacy systems
 
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
78
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 960
Ok finally took the plunge and upgraded to 10.11 / Clover by following this guide from step 3 onward.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...os-x-el-capitan-x58a-ud3r-24.html#post1169901

Omitted inject nVidia and took a bit of work to get the GTX960 running but now all is good except USB3 and sleep.
USB I can live without but would love to have sleep working. (Sleep=Never hurts when the power bill comes in)

For those who have sleep working, how did you do it?

1.Clover setting other than outlined in btwnwlds's guide?
2.Custom DSDT edit? If so can you please share? I don't get sleep with just Clover tweaks, or the DSDT on this site.
3.Kext hack? This perhaps (copied from RandomNumber's post here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-x-el-capitan-x58a-ud3r-13.html#post1121492)? ((I'm holding off trying to be sure there's no DSDT way))

•Fix RTC CMOS reset issue (does not wake from sleep) - used this code to patch:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions


btwnwlds's guide a is great but missing a few things to make it complete.

-Working sleep. see above.
-More elegant audio solution than voodoo. I see Toledo's Clover script recommended though I don't use onboard audio.
-Suggest correct SMBIOS. ( Unless I'm mistaken, Mac 4,1 should be closest for this mobo)
-Tip for Maxwell nVidia cards.

If we can fill those gaps, it would be great to paste it in the 1st post. Would have saved me hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top