Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 FF
CPU
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Things are playing nice, it seems I have gotten USB 3 speeds after all. I did do the USB fix. Where I am now is shut down doesn't seem to work. Sleep and restart are ok. Not that I am too bothered as my computer is always on... Strange. I am about to try and boot into windows and check that internal to the case PCI USB port with my iLok on it. I will report back....So far so good though!

Ok nevermind it worked after a reboot. Computer shut down. Now to open case...

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF
CPU
i7-930 @ 3.6 GHZ
Graphics
Asus HD5870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
has anyone gotten audio to work? I tried voodoohda.kext.

Perhaps does anyone have instruction for how to get onboard audio working on a x58a-ud3r rev 2 FH? I followed btwnwlds guide from post #231

thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF
CPU
Intel i7 950
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 630
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey jcslp15, need some details to help. Does anything appear under Preferences > Sound > Output or Input? Are you going out to headphones? Speakers?

btwnwlds

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF
CPU
i7-930 @ 3.6 GHZ
Graphics
Asus HD5870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey i was able to get sound working somehow. Just wondering if you happen to have a guide that you followed to get messages to work with your system?

Thanks

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 FF
CPU
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yeah I am where you are at, I don't really care that much that iMessage is not working but it would be nice.....

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R
CPU
Intel i7 970 (6 core)
Graphics
ATI 5870 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Things are playing nice, it seems I have gotten USB 3 speeds after all. I did do the USB fix. Where I am now is shut down doesn't seem to work. Sleep and restart are ok. Not that I am too bothered as my computer is always on... Strange. I am about to try and boot into windows and check that internal to the case PCI USB port with my iLok on it. I will report back....So far so good though!

How exactly did you get USB 3 working on your PCI card? Did you install a specific driver/kext?

Motherboard
Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3
CPU
3,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series 1024 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I guys!

I'm using by a couple of minute my new installation of "El Capitan". I followed the instructions of btwnwlds in post n. 231, and... it's working! (AppStore and iMessage too)
My system is:
GA-X58-UD3R
Intel i7
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB
SSD Corsair Force 3 (system)
WD Caviar Black 2TB (data)
Optical drive: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0

I'm not using the internal sound card, because i've an USB one.

Thank you very much for your help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
Core i7-950
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed El Capitan on my X58A-UD3R system using the instructions in Post 231. It installed fine, and I was able to get everything working. However, when I turn on or restart the computer, it seems to have only a 10% chance of actually booting to the desktop. The other 90% of the time, it goes through the startup process, but the computer restarts before it actually boots to the desktop. The last message shown on the screen in verbose mode before it restarts is "kernel: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitory trough MCA". I'm not sure if this is relevant though because that is also the last message displayed in verbose mode before it switches to the GUI. When it does actually boot correctly, it appears to run just fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on why it doesn't boot consistently?

Motherboard
Lion 10.7.4
CPU
I7 920
Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Try deleting AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to see if this helps. It is not necessary if you don't have ECC ram and can cause problems with triple channel memory as well. There are disabler kexts out there that can disable this kext also since it sometimes comes back with updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.