Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 on my Lenovo X380 Yoga.
Everything is almost working correct. I've patched my DSDT and battery level, sleep, hibernate and brightness buttons were working ok and after few days I lost those after the laptop entered in hibernate and at startup I received BIOS CMOS Checksum error. I've tried to compiled again my DSDT and put it back but it seems is no longer working.

I've attached my EFI, my DSDT.dsl and my ioreg.

What is working:
- Sound
- Video
- Camera
- Touchpad ( gestures are a bit messed up )
- Touchscreen ( single touch, but with payed UPDD driver also multitouch is working )
- Battery level
- Brightness buttons

What is not working:
- Trackpoint
- WiFi (is intel and my swapped wifi card BCM943602BAED is on it's way)
- Lenovo NVME ( swapped with Samsung 970 EVO )
- Ambiental sensor
- Card reader
- Fingerprint

If someone can take a look over and tell me what I messed up and if I did something wrong, because this is my first hackintosh on a laptop and took my some time to understand the DSDT patching.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • EFI.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 285
  • MacBook_Pro.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 259
It's not complicated. You need a replacement CMOS battery as yours has probably failed and no longer holds a charge. The CMOS battery provides power when your laptop is off. It retains all your custom settings you've made.

The word CMOS is an acronym for “complementary metal oxide semiconductor”.
The CMOS battery is a small, round battery that lets you store the day, time, and month on your computer.
More importantly, the CMOS battery stores the BIOS settings of your computer.
The BIOS enables us to identify what hardware is on the system and what device drivers to use.
When the CMOS battery is weak, the BIOS loses data and the computer can start to malfunction.

Let’s take a look at a few signs of a CMOS battery failure.
Incorrect computer date and time settings.
Also, the date/time keep getting reset even after you fix them in the BIOS.
This is the most common CMOS battery failure sign.
Your PC occasionally turns off or doesn’t start.
Drivers stop working.

You may start to get errors while booting that say something like “CMOS checksum error” or “CMOS read error”.
Some weird hardware issues such as your computer not being able to locate the mouse, keyboard, or printer.

Last edited:
it's a bit strange, because this happens only after sleep or hibernate...and laptop is 4 moths old, I don't see why it should be the problem with the CMOS battey. I even tried to add AppleRTC.kext but without success.

it's a bit strange, because this happens only after sleep or hibernate...and laptop is 4 moths old, I don't see why it should be the problem with the CMOS battey. I even tried to add AppleRTC.kext but without success.
Take the battery out and test with a multi-meter. Should be at least 3V. Maybe you got a lemon from the factory and it failed prematurely. IDK.

I will do this and report back. thanks!
Another way you can verify it is to determine whether the BIOS clock keeps getting reset after you change it. Maybe check that first. If you do open up the laptop take all ESD precautions you can to prevent damaging the laptop. The CMOS battery has the yellow colored covering over it.

@trs96 the battery is fine, but to be sure I replaced it with a new one and I am still facing that issue. I will extract again the DSDT and patch again and post my results.
Did you reset the BIOS to defaults and then your specific settings again after the battery was replaced ?

Did you reset the BIOS to defaults and then your specific settings again after the battery was replaced ?
yes. I've tried this before and after replaced the battery and is keeping my settings.

- Touchscreen ( single touch, but with payed UPDD driver also multitouch is working )
Hi! How do you know that your touchscreen is usb-hid device and can use touch-base updd driver?
I've tried yoga x380 in win10 installing touch-base updd driver cannot sense any usb-touch device by automatic mode.
IMG_6267.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back