asus x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7900x
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

My system has been running fine for 3 or 4 years. I've been experiencing high temperatures for a while and last night went into the BIOS to try to reduce the overclock. I also reapplied thermal paste to the cooler.

I'm not sure what I've done, but now I can't get past the very early stages of boot-up (See attached photo).

I've reset the BIOS to defaults and then followed KGP's post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/) numerous times to configure the BIOS to how it has worked in the past, but it still won't boot.

I'm running a Asus x299 deluxe, 7900x, 1070ti cooled with a corsair H115i.

The system is running Windows at the moment, but it's running super-hot (70 degrees with just the browser open at the moment) and the fans are on full.

I've also noticed that when I'm tweaking the BIOS, the temperature gradually keeps going up and up. Last time CPU temps were reading 65 when just in the BIOS

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong here? Might I have issues with the cooler?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Attachments

• 20210905_235421.jpg
    20210905_235421.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
Hi,

My system has been running fine for 3 or 4 years. I've been experiencing high temperatures for a while and last night went into the BIOS to try to reduce the overclock. I also reapplied thermal paste to the cooler.

I'm not sure what I've done, but now I can't get past the very early stages of boot-up (See attached photo).

I've reset the BIOS to defaults and then followed KGP's post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/) numerous times to configure the BIOS to how it has worked in the past, but it still won't boot.

I'm running a Asus x299 deluxe, 7900x, 1070ti cooled with a corsair H115i.

The system is running Windows at the moment, but it's running super-hot (70 degrees with just the browser open at the moment) and the fans are on full.

I've also noticed that when I'm tweaking the BIOS, the temperature gradually keeps going up and up. Last time CPU temps were reading 65 when just in the BIOS

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong here? Might I have issues with the cooler?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Just a quick update on this. I've got the thermals stable on Windows (45 degrees idle) so I don't think it's a cooling issue. I'm convinced that it's a setting in the BIOS because the recovery image stops at the same place on boot up.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back