i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is meant to be support/discussion for users that are experimenting/using OpenCore. Users that are using Clover please refer to the original X299 support thread.

NOTE: This post will no longer be updated, please refer to new X299 Support thread and this post

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.app.zip
    221.6 KB · Views: 201
  • RehabMan-MaciASL-2018-0507.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 336
Last edited:
So, here's the thing:

1. To avoid the kgp burnout, don't open four different threads (yes, he had four!)
2. Only answer questions on your build, let others answer for their builds. You don't have to do this, but I'm telling you that it will be much easier if you just concentrate on your specific build.
3. If you don't know the answer, just say "I don't know" and that's it. Then turn it over to the group to see if someone else knows. If they don't, don't assume you are responsible for answering the question. Some times there aren't any answers.

These are just a suggestion, but following them will help you avoid being responsible for everything in the thread, and also avoid the kgp burnout problem.....

So, here's the thing:

1. To avoid the kgp burnout, don't open four different threads (yes, he had four!)
2. Only answer questions on your build, let others answer for their builds. You don't have to do this, but I'm telling you that it will be much easier if you just concentrate on your specific build.
3. If you don't know the answer, just say "I don't know" and that's it. Then turn it over to the group to see if someone else knows. If they don't, don't assume you are responsible for answering the question. Some times there aren't any answers.

These are just a suggestion, but following them will help you avoid being responsible for everything in the thread, and also avoid the kgp burnout problem.....

Oh yes I'm aware. I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as kgp so I'll just help where I can. Just hoping I can help kick start an organized way for people to post their configs and then people can direct their questions to them.

Not to be a pest here, but do you think you can change the title to "X299 OpenCore" instead? I'm on Gigabyte and I'm pretty sure we can assist others with several X299 Motherboards :)

I feel like a separate thread should be started for Gigabyte to avoid congestion.

EDIT*
I would say I'm about 80-90% of the way there in terms of adapting OC to the X299 Prime Deluxe for a flawless compatibility with OC docs.

I’ll go ahead and change the thread name and probably split the github repo like
Asus
-> Prime Deluxe
Gigabyte
-> Aorus Gaming

If you guys feel it is appropriate to create a new thread go ahead and I’ll just switch back :)

So, this was totally unexpected.....

IT WORKED!

I created a USB drive, had to use Clover to create an EFI (lame instructions from Opencore folks....one of many unfortunately), then copied Ellybz's edit of filmkr's EFI (which is very close to the system I am now running - I haven't received my Asus Sage yet).

Then, well, what the hell, I just rebooted. Didn't edit anything, and bang, there it was. It loaded perfectly (well almost), and it was fast! My Radeon VII is here, most of my other stuff from System Info is here.....

Then I edited TSCAdjustReset for my number of cores, set the timer for 10 seconds (which basically made it stop dead and wait which is fine for now). Then I set the ScanPolicy for 0, which is what I want (for now).

I highly recommend using Xcode, because I couldn't see the Platforminfo until I loaded the config.plist via Xcode. Once I could see the Platforminfo, I could then edit the Serial Number, etc. Don't see where you add the UUID though, not yet....anybody know where that gets entered?

I'm a little taken aback.....I almost feel like it shouldn't have been that easy.....kudos to @Ellybz!

So, this was totally unexpected.....

IT WORKED!

I created a USB drive, had to use Clover to create an EFI (lame instructions from Opencore folks....one of many unfortunately), then copied Ellybz's edit of filmkr's EFI (which is very close to the system I am now running - I haven't received my Asus Sage yet).

Then, well, what the hell, I just rebooted. Didn't edit anything, and bang, there it was. It loaded perfectly (well almost), and it was fast! My Radeon VII is here, most of my other stuff from System Info is here.....

Then I edited TSCAdjustReset for my number of cores, set the timer for 10 seconds (which basically made it stop dead and wait which is fine for now). Then I set the ScanPolicy for 0, which is what I want (for now).

I highly recommend using Xcode, because I couldn't see the Platforminfo until I loaded the config.plist via Xcode. Once I could see the Platforminfo, I could then edit the Serial Number, etc. Don't see where you add the UUID though, not yet....anybody know where that gets entered?

I'm a little taken aback.....I almost feel like it shouldn't have been that easy.....kudos to @Ellybz!

however, booting and working are 2 different things.

however, booting and working are 2 different things.

Seems to be working just fine. The only obvious issue is no Bluetooth (I don't use it, so not worried there....I will fix it eventually......the most important things to me are: the display (working), the 10GbE card (working), the Wireless (also working). Bluetooth, well, hmm.....some work I need to do, but because I don't use it, its not vital to me.

I just ran a Geekbench, both CPU and GPU, both worked. GPU seems a little faster, CPU is about the same.

What parameter do you edit to enter a UUID? Anybody know?
Also: I thought setting scan policy to zero would cause it to scan for all drives, but I'm not seeing my Linux drive nor my Windows drive....any ideas there?

Last edited:
Seems to be working just fine. The only obvious issue is no bluetooth (I don't use it, so not worried there....I will fix it eventually......the most important things to me are: the display (working), the 10GbE card (working), the Wireless (also working). Bluetooth, well, hmm.....some work I need to do, but because I don't use it, its not vital to me.

I just ran a Geekbench, both CPU and GPU, both worked. GPU seems a little faster, CPU is about the same.

What parameter do you edit to enter a UUID? Anybody know?
Also: I thought setting scan policy to zero would cause it to scan for all drives, but I'm not seeing my Linux drive nor my Windows drive....any ideas there?
I use PlistEdit Pro ( They have a free trial ). Works like a charm. Works also with Xcode ( Dark Screenshot ).
Edit: Bluetooth works perfectly on my system. Not related to OC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.26.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.26.58 PM.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 573
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.30.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.30.52 PM.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back