Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still having trouble with crashes and random reboots on my X299 Sage 10G Catalina OpenCore system.
I was having somewhat similar problems. Turning off "Turbo Mode" for the Cpu seemed to help. So far I've been using my hack for weeks without any crashes when it used to occur sometimes multiple times a day.

You can check your settings on this post, Section bios X299 configuration : #1
Thanks, @Loloflatsix. I was able to get the RAM to work and to get past the BIOS without overheating. Still having the random kernel panics and reboots. I will start a post on the X299 Big Sur Support thread...

This happened only in Catalina. In Mojave or HighSierra this text don't show up. Is this an error?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Only in Catalina.jpeg
    Only in Catalina.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi! I spent nearly 6 hours reading Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide, following step by step and i could make my Big Sur Beta USB Installer boot to an ugly menu, but at least it booted :)

When i select Big Sur Installation, i se the log, a few errors (don't know exactly what they mean) and computers stops.

I attach my EFI folder with the logs inside. Hope someone can tell me what's wrong.

I have an Asus WS X299 Sage/10G - i9 9980XE - Radeon VII.
I also have PCIe 3.0 USB and wifi/bluetooth PCIe Cart.

Don't know if this is enough info to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry, i posted in the wrong place. Will post in Big Sur Desktop Support)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
@tugvane can you post your efi folder. Having an issue and hoping it will help. Thanks!
Big Sur working on Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 with Open Core. Everything is working and custom USB Map. Only thing that will need to be changed is the TSCAdjustReset to work with the number of cores in your processor.

Attachments

• EFI_USB_Fix_21_Jan_2021.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 135
Been trying to get a new rig up and running for a few days now, I'm stuck..
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i9-10980XE, RX 5700 XT. Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.5. Bios version 3105.

Does anyone have a working EFI for the ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II?

I've gotten to the installer, and around the "12 minutes remaining" mark, the system shuts down.
When I boot back up, the internal drive is listed. Booting to that drive gives me an apple logo with "29 minutes remaining". Once it reaches ~24 minutes remaining, it shuts down again.

I have attached my config, the last log, and a screenshot of my EFI. I followed all BIOS settings from this thread.

If anyone has any ideas, please do let me know! My head has been spinning for 3 days now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.44.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.44.13 PM.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 83
  • opencore-2021-01-20-074822.txt
    256 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Been trying to get a new rig up and running for a few days now, I'm stuck..
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i9-10980XE, RX 5700 XT. Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.5. Bios version 3105.

Does anyone have a working EFI for the ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II?

I've gotten to the installer, and around the "12 minutes remaining" mark, the system shuts down.
When I boot back up, the internal drive is listed. Booting to that drive gives me an apple logo with "29 minutes remaining". Once it reaches ~24 minutes remaining, it shuts down again.

I have attached my config, the last log, and a screenshot of my EFI. I followed all BIOS settings from this thread.

If anyone has any ideas, please do let me know! My head has been spinning for 3 days now.

Try this EFI. I'm not sure if it'll fix your issue but it's worth a shot :lol:

I ran into a similar issue with my Rampage Encore where macOS would always freeze and then rebooted. I believe I fixed it by swapping around the PCIe cards and clearing my CMOS.

I ran into a similar issue with my Rampage Encore where macOS would always freeze and then rebooted. I believe I fixed it by swapping around the PCIe cards and clearing my CMOS.
Just cleared my CMOS, set my BIOS settings again, and moved my GPU to another slot and it's not crashing at that same point anymore.

Now it's able to get to "Less than a minute remaining...", then gets stuck there. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and rebooted. Then it re-starts that process at "29 minutes remaining.."

Getting closer tho!

Last edited:

So I was able to get through the whole install with that EFI, but I'm having other issues now..

The system will randomly shut down without leaving any logs.
It seems to only happen when the system is under some light-medium load. If it's just idling, it will sit for an hour without issue.

If I run a geekbench CPU test, it will shut down halfway through. My CPU temps seem ok while running the benchmark.

Does anyone have a clue as to what it could be?
Running X299 Prime Deluxe II, i9-10980XE, Gigabye RX 5700 XT, Opencore/BigSur.
My bios settings are 100% copied from this thread.

So I'm running into a very frustrating issue. Since updating to Big Sur 11.1, I have been having USB stuttering issues. My mice on my logi unifying receiver will pause and not work for a few seconds, my usb headphones also pause or break out. Originally the audio would get distorted and fade out but it seems that has stopped with playing with the USBPorts.kext. I have remapped my USBs multiple times using different methods and different AppleMerge drivers. I've played around with using DSTS to help my system. I have changed BIOS settings including overvolting my USBs, disabling almost everything I can, ect. These problems seem to be exacerbated when I am compiling in xCode and trying to run on a physical device attached to the computer.

I've been working on this issue for the better part of a week and truly have learned a shitload about the hackintosh process. I feel that it should be solved by now but after banging my head against the wall, I am respectfully asking for any assistance. I have attached my EFI.

P.S. I have read on other forums that disabling Serial Ports in the Bios fixed it. Unfortunately, my Bios doesn't contain any such option.
1612071881301.png

1612071927572.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 107
  • system.log.zip
    268.5 KB · Views: 79
  • bootlog.txt.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.