Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread probably needs to be moved to the Catalina forum haha

@izo1 As your build is almost the same as mine, I'll use your lastest EFI. Can you save for me all the BIOS settings in a .txt file?

Last edited:
@izo1 As your build is almost the same as mine, I'll use your lastest EFI. Can you save for me all the BIOS settings in a .txt file?

Sure, I'll upload the .cmo file which you can throw on a USB stick and apply in the BIOS.

However my fan curves are very custom, so you have to adjust that.

I'll upload when I'm near the system.

Also don't forget to read @djlild7hina 's guide in using correct TCAdjust settings for your specific core count.

Well, after a time with no issues, some issues have begun to appear today. First it was the image blinking on and off on my HDMI port (about 3 seconds on/1 second off/then back on with some green artifacts when the screen would go on and off) - 3 total monitors, 2 monitors on DisplayPorts work fine). The HDMI had issues on multiple monitors with multiple cables that I tried. With one monitor, it did not blink off completely, but it did a bright flash about every 3 seconds. Anyway, there was no stopping it until I rebooted and the problems with the blinking HDMI ceased, but now I am getting crashes/kernel panics/reboots about every hour. I have included copies of the crash log text (the one where it asks you to send to Apple) as well as today's library/logs files below if anyone can make sense of them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Crashes.zip
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 98
Why moderators keep deleting my posts about macOS 11.0 even now that's available in PUBLIC beta? Just asking...

Why moderators keep deleting my posts about macOS 11.0 even now that's available in PUBLIC beta? Just asking...

I don't think the public beta is out yet?

Ok so a new BIOS for my motherboard is out 0702, I was able to patch the previous version after the advice from others, short of simply flashing it is there a way I can verify if the MSR lock is still borked in this version?

Ok so a new BIOS for my motherboard is out 0702, I was able to patch the previous version after the advice from others, short of simply flashing it is there a way I can verify if the MSR lock is still borked in this version?
Just disable it in BIOS and relative OC Quirks and see if it boots

Just disable it in BIOS and relative OC Quirks and see if it boots

Yes, apparently it's fixed in this version so no need for patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back