Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s stange i can’t see usb c port on usb mapping but it mount

for me when i plug in a USB-C hub, i only see a 480mbit connection most of the time. at some point, with USBInjectAll.kext i was able to get 5gb connections on the two USB-C ports. but somehow i lost that ability. not sure what is wrong.

edit: i think i understand... per the thunderbolt vanilla guide:

The first issue is that if a TB3 or USB-C device is not plugged in during boot, then OSX does not recognize the TB3 chip at all. This is due to a power-saving feature in the controller.

that's probably what happened to me - i rebooted with my usb-c hub plugged in and that woke up the controller.

Last edited:
it's in xcode i don't know how to make into kext

LucyRTL8125Ethernet
A macOS driver for Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers

but this is for a realtek 2.5Gbit ethernet chip, not the aquantia (now marvell) chip that we have

I would have some probably stupid questions, but I'm sure you will forgive me
Although I have read CaseySJ's instructions several times, I am afraid I have not fully understood the whole procedure:
1) I choose the procedure (for me CH341A, with verified 3.3v output)
2) I choose the firmware
@djlild7hina I'm going to flash my Gigabyte TITAN RIDGE V1.0 card. Which firmware should I use from those listed in the repository of CaseySJ, the NVM50, or the NVM23 one?
3) flash the card
4) edit DROM
a) I didn't understand what is this editing for? I thought I understood what it takes to assign a unique ID to the Thunderbolt controller.
b) as I have only one TB3 controller installed on my hack, I should be able to use the web GUI method; but I read: "This method is the easiest to use, but does not currently allow us to change Thunderbolt Bus ID" and I wonder if Bus ID and unique ID to assign to TB3 controller are the same thing?
c) at the end of the web GUI method I get an SSDT file that has to put in ACPI folder; CaseySG writes that you need to download a second SSDT file (SSDT-DTPG) to put in the same ACPI folder. What are these two files in the EFI BASE and in izo1's EFI?

I would have some probably stupid questions, but I'm sure you will forgive me
Although I have read CaseySJ's instructions several times, I am afraid I have not fully understood the whole procedure:
1) I choose the procedure (for me CH341A, with verified 3.3v output)
2) I choose the firmware
@djlild7hina I'm going to flash my Gigabyte TITAN RIDGE V1.0 card. Which firmware should I use from those listed in the repository of CaseySJ, the NVM50, or the NVM23 one?
3) flash the card
4) edit DROM
a) I didn't understand what is this editing for? I thought I understood what it takes to assign a unique ID to the Thunderbolt controller.
b) as I have only one TB3 controller installed on my hack, I should be able to use the web GUI method; but I read: "This method is the easiest to use, but does not currently allow us to change Thunderbolt Bus ID" and I wonder if Bus ID and unique ID to assign to TB3 controller are the same thing?
c) at the end of the web GUI method I get an SSDT file that has to put in ACPI folder; CaseySG writes that you need to download a second SSDT file (SSDT-DTPG) to put in the same ACPI folder. What are these two files in the EFI BASE and in izo1's EFI?

2. I would try NVM23 first and if you're having issues try NVM33 or NVM50.
4. a) editing the DROM is used to mac a unique identifier for your thunderbolt controller. It's not required but highly advised since it's straight forward anyway. Think of it like a MAC address.
b) You can actually use the web GUI if you have more than one thunderbolt card. Just run the GUI for the Titan Ridge card and copy the results to maciASL and save.
c) refer to point b. You don't need SSDT-DTPG since the method is already in one of the other SSDTs in the EFI base folder.

I’ll add a thunderbolt section to my github once I have time

maybe also a dumb question but even though the Asus X299 boards seem to use the same TB3 controller as some of the others, i don't see the asus boards mentioned in any of CaseySJ's links. is it impossible to flash an Asus X299 TB3 controller?

maybe also a dumb question but even though the Asus X299 boards seem to use the same TB3 controller as some of the others, i don't see the asus boards mentioned in any of CaseySJ's links. is it impossible to flash an Asus X299 TB3 controller?

If you dump the firmware for him I’m sure he can patch it. Just no one has dumped it yet for x299 boards

Another stupid question: the USB 2.0 storage device to perform BIOS flashback has to be formatted FAT 32?

ok i’ll look into dumping the rom.

with caseysj's generous help i understand what to do to dump the TB3 roms on my prime deluxe II. now i am waiting for parts from amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back