Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed that they require is the patched version of the bios. I have done McIntosh’s for years on chameleon and CloverI have built hackintoshes for years on chameleon and Clover, but this is my first X299 Hackintosh and my first one that will be using Opencore.

I’m having another issue now that I’ve gotten past the bios update. I will post my full hardware list later, but basically I’m running an ASUS WS X299 Sage 10g with a i9-7940x CPU, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM, and a Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro+. I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.5.

I have followed all of the instructions on this thread to get an installation started, and I get to the screen where I choose the installation USB, I click that, and then I get an apple boot screen with a progress bar that takes like 45 minutes to fill in and never actually completes.

Any ideas on where I’m going wrong? Is there a way to turn on some kind of a verbose boot so I can see more info? Thanks for any help!

Without seeing your efi it’s hard to tell. Do you have Above 4G enabled?
-v is already enabled as a flag so you should see verbose. You could disable the OpenCore GUI by going to your config.plist and editing Misc->Boot->PickerMode to Built

I can now confirm: it works. I left for my holidays and I had no time to install macOS, but the motherboard firmware see perfectly all my RAM banks ...
There’s a good chance my bios was too old to support the ram and i didn’t figured how to use flashback on the board until i already had returned the corsair :/

Without seeing your efi it’s hard to tell. Do you have Above 4G enabled?
-v is already enabled as a flag so you should see verbose. You could disable the OpenCore GUI by going to your config.plist and editing Misc->Boot->PickerMode to Built

@djlild7hina & @izo1,

Yes, Above 4G Encoding is enabled.

I am happy to upload my EFI. Please forgive me if i have gross errors or omissions. Opencore is new to me, especially on the X299 chipset, and it seems like a lot of the instructions, guides, and tutorials assume a level of understanding that I gain as I go along, but often times I get hung up on the mechanics of doing simple things like, for example, installing and registering kexts, while at the same time I fully understanding the purpose of a kext.

Thanks for being willing to help me troubleshoot!

Here it is:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
@djlild7hina & @izo1,

Yes, Above 4G Encoding is enabled.

I am happy to upload my EFI. Please forgive me if i have gross errors or omissions. Opencore is new to me, especially on the X299 chipset, and it seems like a lot of the instructions, guides, and tutorials assume a level of understanding that I gain as I go along, but often times I get hung up on the mechanics of doing simple things like, for example, installing and registering kexts, while at the same time I fully understanding the purpose of a kext.

Thanks for being willing to help me troubleshoot!

Here it is:

Are you using izo1's EFI in the archive folder? It's on an older version of OpenCore and does not have SSDT-AWAC.aml or SSDT-RTC0.aml (One of those is required to boot on the latest bios). Use the BASE-EFI and follow the instructions on my github. Once you are installed you can add other kexts, SSDTs, device properties as needed.

Are you using izo1's EFI in the archive folder? It's on an older version of OpenCore and does not have SSDT-AWAC.aml or SSDT-RTC0.aml (One of those is required to boot on the latest bios). Use the BASE-EFI and follow the instructions on my github. Once you are installed you can add other kexts, SSDTs, device properties as needed.
Thanks. I’ll have to look back exactly and see how I built my EFI. I will try your BASE-EFI and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply. It’s always nice to get another option to try day after day when things aren’t working.

Hello, this USB mapping is really driving me nuts, my usb3 dock keeps disconnecting despite following all the instructions... there must be something i don't understand. Do i need to rename the ports with the asus Sage board ?

no
8 of those Crucial CT32G4DFD8266 32Go:thumbup:
oh ok, the whole discussion was about that specific type of 32gb corsair LPX since i couldn't boot my system with them on my SAGE but Ghostmac1969 got his working. Could be the bios version or the CPU used. i'll never know since i returned the ram and got something else.

Thanks. I’ll have to look back exactly and see how I built my EFI. I will try your BASE-EFI and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply. It’s always nice to get another option to try day after day when things aren’t working.
OK, I used the BASE-EFI (I uploaded it below). Here was the behavior I got: Booting stalled at the screenshot below and then ended with a "prohibit sign." I will send screenshot photos in just a minute....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
OK, I used the BASE-EFI (I uploaded it below). Here was the behavior I got: Booting stalled at the screenshot below and then ended with a "prohibit sign." I will send screenshot photos in just a minute....
Here’s the screenshots. Anybody know what’s going wrong?

Attachments

• 0A21694E-F0B6-4E57-A738-624117EB36A9.jpeg
    0A21694E-F0B6-4E57-A738-624117EB36A9.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 38FC6843-DC3C-43AD-9391-05876A16FD1F.jpeg
    38FC6843-DC3C-43AD-9391-05876A16FD1F.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back