Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Base EFI is up to date on my github can be used as a starting point. Needs the ethernet kexts, USB kext (mapped to your board), and TSCAdjustReset to be adjusted for your cpu. It's currently using MacPro7,1 so you will need to update the SMBIOS section and remove the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext

this one I made should be pretty close to your needs.
Probably just tscadjustreset adjusted and a usb kext (if you already have one)
Thank you!

What about my SSDT's from my Clover KGP build and AGPM kext?

Thank you!

What about my SSDT's from my Clover KGP build and AGPM kext?

You should be able to copy those over, but the SSDTs for the most part aren’t required and are cosmetic. Can use device properties to populate the PCI page in System Profile.

Hello, after a day fooling around with opencore, it seems like i missed a few things, i can boot but as soon as i try to migrate my user from my old system, i can’t anymore :(. Please could anyone share an EFI folder for the asus ws x299 sage (not 10g) with a 7900x for mojave?

I can’t use the one from Izo1 as it seems made for catalina and i have no clue about what to do to make it work with mojave.

Last edited:
Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I'll list below the materials that I would have chosen following your build, indicating some doubt.
My build could be:
1. Motherboard: ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G. I don't know what BIOS will be on board on arrival, but I can flash the latest, right?
2. CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius+ S36; It's silent? Can I overclock CPU with that?
3. CPU: Intel i9-10940X: I'd like to have the option to expand the RAM to 256GB in the future and I've read that it's easiest to overclock as 10980xe
4. RAM 4x32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
5. SSD: Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 1T + 1 unit 8TB U.2 micron or similar + various HDD
6. GPU: Sapphire Radeon VII
7. TB3: ??? I maint to Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt but now it is unfindable
8. WiFi/BT: as Broadcom BCM94360CD I have found various models, among which I cannot choose; I also found this: MQUPIN FENVI T919 Scheda Wireless BCM94360CD;
9. PSU: Corsair RM850X: is it enough to power the system even in overclocking?
10. case: CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P

I forgot something?
Thanks for your time
stay away from the 32gb 3200 corsair vengeance LPX, it’s not compatible with your board. I had a pair and was unable to boot (error 53)

stay away from the 32gb 3200 corsair vengeance LPX, it’s not compatible with your board. I had a pair and was unable to boot (error 53)
I choose these modules because I copied my configuration from a working one ... I already bought those :banghead:
Is there a possible solution?
Tx

I choose these modules because I copied my configuration from a working one ... I already bought those :banghead:
Is there a possible solution?
Tx
I have no idea, i spent one week trying to make them work with no success, may be with a more recent bios, i was on 502 on sage board (not 10g). If you look at ram compatibility on asus website, the RGB are fine and LPX above and below are fine too but LPX 32gb 3200 are not in the list. I ended up sending them back and bought some cheap timetec ram that works.

Hello, after a day fooling around with opencore, it seems like i missed a few things, i can boot but as soon as i try to migrate my user from my old system, i can’t anymore :(. Please could anyone share an EFI folder for the asus ws x299 sage (not 10g) with a 7900x for mojave?

I can’t use the one from Izo1 as it seems made for catalina and i have no clue about what to do to make it work with mojave.

what issues are you running into?

I have no idea, i spent one week trying to make them work with no success, may be with a more recent bios, i was on 502 on sage board (not 10g). If you look at ram compatibility on asus website, the RGB are fine and LPX above and below are fine too but LPX 32gb 3200 are not in the list. I ended up sending them back and bought some cheap timetec ram that works.
I think I've solved it. The limit was linked to the maximum capacity of Coffee Lake processors/platform of 64/128 GB. With new generation Intel processors that allow using 128/256 GB, in another forum, I found the solution, that I've not yet well understood ...

Comments for parts

1. Yes you can flash any BIOS you want with the Sage since it has the BIOS Flashback button. (Refer to the motherboard manual). A lot of Asus boards have this so you can probably go with another asus board that fits your needs better as the setup process is very similar on them. Since you are going with a Cascade Lake-X cpu, you will have to use BIOS 2002 or higher. . Keep in mind if you get a Cascade Lake-X Refresh board or flash BIOS 3000+ , you'll need to patch the BIOS as I mentioned in my github. Asus broke the MSR lock functionality in the latest round of bios updates. Hopefully they fix it with the next update.
2. Pretty quiet for my needs as it's under my desk. However, I haven't been doing anything super intensive with it yet aside for some benchmark runs. When I run those the fans do get audible but I probably need to adjust my fan curves. I'm running my chip stock at the moment since overclocking requires a lot of cooling. You could probably get away with some minor overclocking with a 360 AIO but I'd highly recommend custom watercooling for anything intensive.
3. Cpu is fine and gives you upgrade path to 10980xe eventually.
4,5,6. Look fine but I don't have any experience with the Sabrent NVME. You could also go with a 3.0 one since X299 doesn't support PCI 4
7. Thunderbolt 3 is optional but I found mine from Amazon.com (i'm in the US)
8. Fenvi-T919 is common since it supports Wifi and BT out of the box. Since the Sage does not have an internal USB 2 header for bluetooth, Here are the options you have to connect it
9. I'd recommend at least getting 1000W for overclocking.
10. Case is fine

My final configuration is the following:

1592231178882.png

Waiting for all the components already bought, I am studying how to configure my build with OpenCore,
I hope I can count on your help to build a well-functioning system :):)

My final configuration is the following:

View attachment 476286

Waiting for all the components already bought, I am studying how to configure my build with OpenCore,
I hope I can count on your help to build a well-functioning system :):)

Good! Looks like solid specs.
Highly recommend you review the OpenCore guide and specifically the Skylake-X section.

My Base EFI is based off the guide but you may have to add some additional things (Ethernet kexts, adjust TSCAdjustReset, custom SSDTs and/or Device Properties, USB kext):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back