Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gigabyte TitanRidge card has a internal usb2 connector. Together to example with HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub we have usb2 "on board".

upd: My Sage/10 is almost ready :)

View attachment 474928

Yes I know but how are you connecting the hub to the motherboard? ;) The hub you use still needs to connect somehow to the board. The Sage/10g doesn't have any internal usb 2 headers so that's why I mentioned the alternatives.

This card - into PCI Slot-2 (3,4,5). What is wrong?

See my updated post. How are you connecting the USB 2 hub to the motherboard? I assume you're going to plug in the USB 2 cables from the titan ridge cards and your WiFi/BT usb 2 cable to it right?

I assume you're going to plug in the USB 2 cables from the titan ridge cards and your WiFi/BT usb 2 cable to it right?
Yes, I wanted to do that.

Yes, I wanted to do that.

Okay, since the Sage doesn't have any internal usb 2 headers (There's no way to connect your usb hub to the motherboard) that's why I listed those 3 options.

djlild7hina, TitanRidge card has one usb2 controller. Or not?..

upd: ok, let's see... I have Inateck USB card too.

djlild7hina, TitanRidge card has one usb2 controller. Or not?..

upd: ok, let's see... I have Inateck USB card too.

Pretty sure it doesn't have a usb 2 controller and is pass through only. If you try to connect a usb 2 device to it, it will not be recognized unless the usb 2 cable is plugged into your motherboard. However, if you use a thunderbolt 3 device with its own usb 2 controller it'll use that controller.

Last edited:
I'm going ahead with another GPU to troubleshoot the dual Titan Ridge issue, and seems the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 is a good option.
Anyone using dual GPU's and have experience with how well Open Core handles it? The Buyer's Guide doesn't seem to really go into that.
I'd try it with the WX 8200 I have at first, but might have to let that card go and get something more stable/familiar. Thanks for any insight!

I'm going ahead with another GPU to troubleshoot the dual Titan Ridge issue, and seems the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 is a good option.
Anyone using dual GPU's and have experience with how well Open Core handles it? The Buyer's Guide doesn't seem to really go into that.
I'd try it with the WX 8200 I have at first, but might have to let that card go and get something more stable/familiar. Thanks for any insight!

OpenCore is a bootloader and has nothing to do with dual GPUs.

Also not worth dual GPUs in general nowadays, just get 1 fast one within your budget. The highest end one is Radeon VII (Used one maybe?) and then 5700XT....better RDNA2 AMD cards are around the corner tho, within 30-60 days.

OpenCore is a bootloader and has nothing to do with dual GPUs.

Also not worth dual GPUs in general nowadays, just get 1 fast one within your budget. The highest end one is Radeon VII (Used one maybe?) and then 5700XT....better RDNA2 AMD cards are around the corner tho, within 30-60 days.
Oh, I just ordered a RX 580 as a backup and for testing, that'd be good for me to have on hand anyway.

Maybe I had the wrong idea that I could use one for monitors to take the load off of my main GPU for video encoding? I'm trying to transcode as many frames per second as possible. I'm still learning, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back