Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked quickly at your video.
There's no SMCLightsensor in the EFI I posted. You should not see errors like this. also, The EllyBz-X299 R.kext should not create USB 2.0 errors.

Did you clean your NVRAM before booting OpenCore?

in your config.plist/ACPI:
Did you disable item No 1,2,3 ?
"SSDT-X299-RX580.aml"
"SSDT-TB3.aml" - Unless you're using a TB Card
"SSDT-X299-RMEA.aml"

Did you readjust the TSCAdjustReset.kext to your CPU "31"

@Keyboard/mouse settings: Try first to change USB ports; Mine are connected via internal USB 2.0 & BT.
You might need an extra driver for your particular Kbrd but there's also some settings in the config : UEFI/Input (Key Support, etc..Check the manual )

Inside Kernel/ Emulate; you can remove the data of Cpuid1Data & Cpuid1Mask. It is optional.

Last but not least - Check Your bios settings. Don't push to hard your CPU or memory during the first OC test runs.

Thank you so much!!! I got it working last night on Clover as I'm more familiar with that but just got it working with Open Core now!! You caught all my stupid mistakes which is so helpful. I am curious about what SSDT-DTGP.aml is. I have it enabled but am wondering if this is the USB-C/Thunderbolt onboard the mobo.
1590871979866.png

Additionally, even with following general OpenCore tutorials. I can't seem to understand if I should have these 'DeviceProperties' added to the config. I see in the tutorial that you can modify frame buffering and such, but are the ones in your config doing any onboard modifications for just helping the computer identify the hardware?
1590872081382.png

Lastly, and I've had this the whole time on my Aorus x299 Gaming 7, but when you boot up to get the Error Code onboard the motherboard 'E3'. This has been something I've seen since starting with the hackintoshes on this computer?
1590872433294.png

All the best,
Alex

@tugvane
SSDT-DTGP.aml is only needed if you have SSDTs that use DTGP method to inject custom parameters. In this particular case, needed for my RX580, TB3 Card & RME Audio Card. If you do not have any, you can disable it.

The device properties are mostly cosmetic to see your infos in : About This Mac / System Report / PCI.
They are accurate on the X299 gaming 7, no need to modify them. You can add here your RADEON VII parameters. You'll need I/OReg & Hackintool (PCIe section / Device Path).

The E3 parameter on the GA Gaming 7 is not an error code. It is a "resume" code, while coming out of sleep, power reset & or during Normal MacOS operation. Nothing to worry about. Check your debug codes in your GA Gaming 7 Manual ;).
I love this board, Overclocking settings are a bit odd but it's pretty solid.

Last edited:
AFAIK MacPro7,1 does not work well on Mojave and I still use it a lot for my work.
iMacPro1,1 is therefore the easiest path for me. Curious, Why do you think MacPro7,1 SMBIOS is better on X299?

Honestly, they are very similar but I'm just on MacPro since it's newer.

Honestly, they are very similar but I'm just on MacPro since it's newer.
Mine is also pretty new. We're apple pirates right? We can write whatever we want :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 21.03.57.png

Last edited:
@tugvane
SSDT-DTGP.aml is only needed if you have SSDTs that use DTGP method to inject custom parameters. In this particular case, needed for my RX580, TB3 Card & RME Audio Card. If you do not have any, you can disable it.

The device properties are mostly cosmetic to see your infos in : About This Mac / System Report / PCI.
They are accurate on the X299 gaming 7, no need to modify them. You can add here your RADEON VII parameters. You'll need I/OReg & Hackintool (PCIe section / Device Path).

The E3 parameter on the GA Gaming 7 is not an error code. It is a "resume" code, while coming out of sleep, power reset & or during Normal MacOS operation. Nothing to worry about. Check your debug codes in your GA Gaming 7 Manual ;).
I love this board, Overclocking settings are a bit odd but it's pretty solid.
Perfect! Thanks for the explanation. The only difference now between my Clover config and my OpenCore one is the Broadcom PCI BCM94360CD is not capable of bluetooth on the OpenCore side. I tried a bunch on suggestions in conjunction with additional Kexts for the already added AirportBrcmFixup.kext. I think I have come to the conclusion that because the wifi works and it is recognized as a PCI device already, it must be the internal USB header that I'm hooking to for the Bluetooth aspect. Would this require me modifying the USB limits?

Thanks,
Alex

BT Works without issue here. Before with a Combo PCie card Wifi/BT BCM4331 & now with a separate USB BT Dongle. No driver was ever needed. Driver is for the WIFI Portion. With the PCIe combo card, the power was fed thru the internal USB 2.0 Header in the bottom of Mobo ( HS09/10 ); regulated by the custom USB Kext so it worked perfectly. I switched it to a USB Bluetooth connected now externally because my BT connection from the BCM4331 was horrible. Lots of drop. I also removed the internal stock WIFI/BT from the Mobo ( only 2 screws ) to avoid any potential conflict with my current one. The Gigabyte BT was recognized in OSX but not functional. If you have not done it already, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
BT Works without issue here. Before with a Combo PCie card Wifi/BT BCM4331 & now with a separate USB BT Dongle. No driver was ever needed. Driver is for the WIFI Portion. With the PCIe combo card, the power was fed thru the internal USB 2.0 Header in the bottom of Mobo ( HS09/10 ); regulated by the custom USB Kext so it worked perfectly. I switched it to a USB Bluetooth connected now externally because my BT connection from the BCM4331 was horrible. Lots of drop. I also removed the internal stock WIFI/BT from the Mobo ( only 2 screws ) to avoid any potential conflict with my current one. The Gigabyte BT was recognized in OSX but not functional. If you have not done it already, I highly recommend it.
Awesome! I actually got it. Oddly enough, (and i think it might be because of the 15 port limit), we only had internal USB port HS09 activated and not HS10. I modified the USB Port Kext to remove port HS09 and add HS10. This worked for my bluetooth PCIe Card. I referenced the old USB kext I had (created by you in the a past thread, I can only assume) but this is the one producing USB 2 errors (we can see in verbose mode) that you pointed out earlier. These errors don't seem to cause any lasting problems, but I went with your newest KEXT and just modified the HS09 to HS10. Would you recommend just using my old KEXT (you previously made) which is attached or your new one?
1590993792345.png

Respectfully,
Alex

Attachments

• EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext.zip
    350.7 KB · Views: 74
Awesome! I actually got it. Oddly enough, (and i think it might be because of the 15 port limit), we only had internal USB port HS09 activated and not HS10. I modified the USB Port Kext to remove port HS09 and add HS10. This worked for my bluetooth PCIe Card. I referenced the old USB kext I had (created by you in the a past thread, I can only assume) but this is the one producing USB 2 errors (we can see in verbose mode) that you pointed out earlier. These errors don't seem to cause any lasting problems, but I went with your newest KEXT and just modified the HS09 to HS10. Would you recommend just using my old KEXT (you previously made) which is attached or your new one?
View attachment 472984
Respectfully,
Alex
Whatever works for you. Glad you made it work.

Whatever works for you. Glad you made it work.
Thanks for everything!! <3 You sharing your incredible knowledge in this community shows exactly what a special place it is.

When I first set up Open Core on my system, I had my macOS disk in the NVMe port parallel with the motherboard. Since then, I've realized it would stay much cooler if I put it in the vertical slot (perpendicular to the board). Is there anything that should be adapted in the EFI? So far nothing seems to be too affected, except now my Startup Disk asterisk in Preferences won't work, so booting always defaults to the windows disk (no fun). Thanks for any insight!

EDIT: the message I get right before the picker is "OCB: Failed to fix the default boot device path"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back