Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been connecting to the Thunderbolt header. Maybe I mistakenly understood that the pin jumping was for Designare users who also had an add-in card. Maybe I'm getting carried away here-- but if the header is not required for us-could it be possible to have a 2nd Titan Ridge? (!) I'd love more Thunderbolt if possible...
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.54.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.54.12 PM.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.53.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 6.53.58 PM.png
    134 KB · Views: 56
  • Nick’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    17.6 MB · Views: 75
I've been connecting to the Thunderbolt header. Maybe I mistakenly understood that the pin jumping was for Designare users who also had an add-in card. Maybe I'm getting carried away here-- but if the header is not required for us-could it be possible to have a 2nd Titan Ridge? (!) I'd love more thunderbolt if possible...
Thanks!

Yep, header or BIOS options aren’t needed. It should be possible to have more than one. I just ordered a second one and should be getting it from Amazon next week.

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look later tonight.

Yep, header or BIOS options aren’t needed. It should be possible to have more than one. I just ordered a second one and should be getting it from Amazon next week.

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look later tonight.

@dithaack please try the new EFI. I made some adjustments. Also it looks like you haven't enabled the onboard 10Gb ports. Is that something you're planning on doing?

1. ACPI adjustments: updated SSDTs to those ones from my github
2. Device Properties: removed Thunderbolt controller (For now, we can add back later, information is pulled from SSDT anyway)
3. Kernel: added missing VirtualSMC kexts and added USB kext. You were using port limit patch which shouldn't be used. Also disabled cfglock. Disable CFG lock using the BIOS since you're on 2002.

Thunderbolt Port 7 should be activated with this. if it does work, then proceed with changing the drom as specified here:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 231
@dithaack please try the new EFI. I made some adjustments. Also it looks like you haven't enabled the onboard 10Gb ports. Is that something you're planning on doing?

1. ACPI adjustments: updated SSDTs to those ones from my github
2. Device Properties: removed Thunderbolt controller (For now, we can add back later, information is pulled from SSDT anyway)
3. Kernel: added missing VirtualSMC kexts and added USB kext. You were using port limit patch which shouldn't be used. Also disabled cfglock. Disable CFG lock using the BIOS since you're on 2002.

ThunderboltPort7 should be activated with this. if it does work, then proceed with changing the DROM as specified here:

Wow, that's awesome:
-ThunderboltPort7 is active in IOREG now with your EFI- and I just changed the DROM. Seems I can only get TB3 devices by hot plug--if booting with them I have to pull out and put back in to mount or show in Disk Utility. Is it normal?
-CFG lock: By chance is that the same as MSR Lock Control? For some reason I haven't been able to locate CFG Lock in my BIOS...

Onboard 10Gb is my next project. I tried the Ubuntu EEPROM modding from KGP but had some trouble and decided to wait until I clear up Thunderbolt issues.
Thank you again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.19.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.19.41 PM.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.20.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.20.25 PM.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 97
Thanks @Ellybz for your help and support : :thumbup:

I managed to "move" on OpenCore three of my builds with the folowing motherboards :
- X299 Gigabyte Ultra Gaming Pro
- X299 Gigabyte UD4 Pro
- X299 Asus Prime Deluxe ( of course just now)
Only left for the moment :
- X299 EVGA FTWK ( in progress)
Hi Loloflatsix!
I have the same mb X299-UD4-Pro. Can you share EFI for this mb (OpenCore). Pleaase. Thanks in advance.

Wow, that's awesome:
-ThunderboltPort7 is active in IOREG now with your EFI- and I just changed the DROM. Seems I can only get TB3 devices by hot plug--if booting with them I have to pull out and put back in to mount or show in diskutil. Is it normal?
-CFG lock: By chance is that the same as MSR Lock Control? For some reason I haven't been able to locate CFG Lock in my BIOS...

Onboard 10gb is my next project. I tried the Ubuntu EEPROM modding from KGP but had some trouble and decided to wait until I clear up Thunderbolt issues.
Thank you again!

sorry yeah disable msr lock control.
I’d asked in Casey’s thread about cold boot devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back