Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my EFI for OpenCore N-D-K If anyone is interested. Ok for Mojave & Catalina.

No more APFS driver needed!!!

Version 0.5.9.
SMBIOS : iMacPro1,1

For Asus Mobos:
1- remove the boot-args npci=0x2000 from NVRAM in config.plist
2- Add SSDT-EC.aml for booting Catalina.
3- Add S/N & UUID
4- Adapt device properties, SSDTs, Custom USB kext, TSCAdjustReset to your likings

I left exemples in Custom Entries to boot Windows, Linux, etc..
Path access for each OS is discoverable via OpenShell ( map ) or clover with some slash modifications ( reversed in Clover ).

The only difference in the config.plist between the standard & ndk version is the Quirk: " EnableForAll " in ACPI patches. It allows us to enable/disable the quirks & ACPI Patches while booting other OSes ( Windows, Linux, etc..)
OpenCore.efi & BOOTx64.efi need to be replaced if standard version of OC059 is used.

Stay safe.

EDIT:
Apple Hot Keys are enabled.
Exemple: if you wish to boot your selection in verbose: While in the GUI/Bootpicker, Press COMMAND+V ( or WIN+V on PC keyboard ) : Verbose mode is on & OSX selection with be booted accordingly.

"To win without risk is a triumph without glory" - Pierre Corneille

Attachments

• EFI059ndk.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Hi friends there! Hope you all are fine and healthy!

Is anyone of you tried to install old MacOS like Sierra, ElCapitan or Yosemite with OpenCore?
The reason I started this topic is because I have a lot of projects in Final Cut Pro 7 that I would like to open it.
At the moment I have my Hack running Catalina fine and stable with OpenCore 0.5.8.

Thanks in advance!

Ellybz,

Do you use IOreg or Hackintool to get your data for DeviceProperties?
Can Hackintool be depended on giving accurate info?

Thanks

Ellybz,

Do you use IOreg or Hackintool to get your data for DeviceProperties?
Can Hackintool be depended on giving accurate info?

Thanks
I use both. IOReg for Device Id, Vendor Id, etc..
For everything else Hackintool.

Last edited:
Here's my EFI for OpenCore N-D-K If anyone is interested. Ok for Mojave & Catalina.

Thanks for sharing. There seems to be a typo in DeviceProperties/SATA section under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0) -> "Cendor-id".

Thanks for sharing. There seems to be a typo in DeviceProperties/SATA section under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0) -> "Cendor-id".
Good catch. OpenCore still reported the SATA infos, even with the typo "C" instead of "V", lol.
Nonetheless I'm still replacing the EFI, thanks ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 13.10.58.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 13.10.58.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 78
Ellybz, can anyone git 0.5.9? I am loving the learning process for OC.

Ellybz, can anyone git 0.5.9? I am loving the learning process for OC.

Sure, it's pretty easy. You'll need XCode
I don't know how confortable you are with building so here are the full steps to get the latest releases of Opencore ndk or Standard OpenCore:
Open Terminal and enter the following lines ( press enter after each line and wait for completion ):

CD ~/Desktop
git clone https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg
cd OpenCorePkg
./ndk-macbuild.tool

CD ~/Desktop
git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
cd OpenCorePkg
./macbuild.tool

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere for editing SSDT’s??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back