Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, forgot to quote. That was answering “Any advice?”
OK
As soon as "turn on" "secure boot". I can't even load OpenCore. See in the previous post the Red message from the motherBoard.
So it is "turn off".
Thanks again

OK
As soon as "turn on" "secure boot". I can't even load OpenCore. See in the previous post the Red message from the motherBoard.
So it is "turn off".
Thanks again

Yes. My recommendation was to have it ‘off’, not ‘On’

re: kernel panic, the boot arguments:
debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
Might get you more info on the kernel panic.

I tried to follow the guide and turn it on ..

I'm gonna do that !!
Thanks
So here more detail on the kernel Panic
IMG_5345.jpg

I quite don't understand it :lol:

The same OC folder boot Mojave

P.S I have other questions about clover :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/questions-about-opencore-from-clover-user.291310/

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I updated OC to the latest and BIOS 2002 too. Since then I got that annoying slide memory error on boot sometimes, you know... the one AptioMemoryFix actually fixes with Clover. I know AptioMemoryFix has been integrated in fwruntimeservice.efi (or whatever is called) within OC but, on clover it never failed a boot! That said: do you think is an OC update problem? a 2002 Bios update problem? or whatever? should I downgrade to 1902 bios? As you can see in my signature, I got a Prime X299-A board and so far it never gave a problem with Aptio on Clover or OC since 2 days.

Hope somebody will get me on the right path. Thanks!

Hey guys!

I updated OC to the latest and BIOS 2002 too. Since then I got that annoying slide memory error on boot sometimes, you know... the one AptioMemoryFix actually fixes with Clover. I know AptioMemoryFix has been integrated in fwruntimeservice.efi (or whatever is called) within OC but, on clover it never failed a boot! That said: do you think is an OC update problem? a 2002 Bios update problem? or whatever? should I downgrade to 1902 bios? As you can see in my signature, I got a Prime X299-A board and so far it never gave a problem with Aptio on Clover or OC since 2 days.

Hope somebody will get me on the right path. Thanks!

Hey @pieropontra,

I have the same board and just updated to BIOS 2002. After the upgrade, my system would boot but most of my USB ports didn't work. I had to turn 4G Decoding ON, which was previously turned off, and everything went back to normal. I'm not running OC full-time, so I guess there could be another issue but in Clover, everything works fine for me.

Hey @pieropontra,

I have the same board and just updated to BIOS 2002. After the upgrade, my system would boot but most of my USB ports didn't work. I had to turn 4G Decoding ON, which was previously turned off, and everything went back to normal. I'm not running OC full-time, so I guess there could be another issue but in Clover, everything works fine for me.

I had to turn 4G on too, same as your case. It seems that the slide value is harder to calculate on X299 for Aptio fixes, I've also reset the CMOS with no apparent benefit!

I tried a bunch of this stuff, I think I’ll try to adapt bios settings according to this guide without arriving to calculate the slide value because, really, it’s a pain the back!

thanks!

It's not that hard if you give it a shot, and you get to figure out the exact correct slide value you should be using.
Failing that, disabling as many things as you can in the bios gives you greater chance of success :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back