Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries at all! Just let me know, so i can help you debug it further :)

I’ve fixed my sleep now anyway, so it works really well, even with WOL.

WOL?

If I send you my Clover EFI, would you be so kind to customize a new OC EFI using kext, amls and drivers accordingly? With proper SMBIOS, Serials, SMUUID etc. It will be a ready to use EFI for me, using your knowledge on our motherboard. I could start experimenting with OC from there, maybe we can help each other in the future since it seems a very few of us are using the X299-A (everyone seems to prefer the WS lineup or Deluxe).

Hoping for a positive answer, I'm attaching my current EFI here.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 69
WOL?

If I send you my Clover EFI, would you be so kind to customize a new OC EFI using kext, amls and drivers accordingly? With proper SMBIOS, Serials, SMUUID etc. It will be a ready to use EFI for me, using your knowledge on our motherboard. I could start experimenting with OC from there, maybe we can help each other in the future since it seems a very few of us are using the X299-A (everyone seems to prefer the WS lineup or Deluxe).

wol = wake on lan

I think it’s easier to start from my efi to be honest!

I’ll keep your fully gear in mind and bring some of your dsdt’s in (like graphics etc) and also your usb kext, ok?

And then we could start from there?

Ok, you're great! Please fill in my Serial, board serial and SMUUID too, to be able to use iServices correctly! I really thank you

Ok, you're great! Please fill in my Serial, board serial and SMUUID too, to be able to use iServices correctly! I really thank you
i am sure you can fill in your own serial number etc

Attached EFI, try this without any modifications. Generated new serial for you also.
Don't mind info text in kexts etc, that it says deluxe. I have changed the content, not the descriptiontext, cause i don't care about that... xD

Also implemented your Radeon, and removed my SSDT for tb3 and broadcom since i didn't see any SSDT-ARPT.aml in your SSDT folder.

Also first time, press Clean NVRAM, and after that is done reboot the computer.

Try it out, and if it gives any error please post picture or video on it.
Thanks!

EDIT: As @Feartech says, fill in your own serial number if everything works and you decide to start running it. Simplest way is with Opencore Configurator.. Open up your config.plist and under PlatformInfo, and SMBIOS, press generate next to serial number, a few times. And also on the UUID box.

Paste the serial number in checkcoverage.apple.com, and make SURE it's says invalid. Then you're good to go :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Attached EFI, try this without any modifications. Generated new serial for you also.
Don't mind info text in kexts etc, that it says deluxe. I have changed the content, not the descriptiontext, cause i don't care about that... xD

Also implemented your Radeon, and removed my SSDT for tb3 and broadcom since i didn't see any SSDT-ARPT.aml in your SSDT folder.

Also first time, press Clean NVRAM, and after that is done reboot the computer.

Try it out, and if it gives any error please post picture or video on it.
Thanks!

EDIT: As @Feartech says, fill in your own serial number if everything works and you decide to start running it. Simplest way is with Opencore Configurator.. Open up your config.plist and under PlatformInfo, and SMBIOS, press generate next to serial number, a few times. And also on the UUID box.

Paste the serial number in checkcoverage.apple.com, and make SURE it's says invalid. Then you're good to go :)

Ok mate, but I think you mismatched the folder, the one you attached is a Clover folder, not an OC one!

Ok mate, but I think you mismatched the folder, the one you attached is a Clover folder, not an OC one!
Oops, sorry man. I zipped the wrong folder, here you go.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Oops, sorry man. I zipped the wrong folder, here you go.

I filled in my SMBIOS stuffs and everything seems to work fine! It's great! anyway, I have a Broadcom combo card in slot5 so a proper ARPT SSDT would be awesome. In system profiler, CPU shows just "3GHZ" with no evidence of Xeon W 18 core, I suspect I have to update CPU ID? can I just copy clover's? Is it possible to bump up boot screen resolution?

You're great man

Edit: I bumped up resolution and fixed ProcessorType, I just need a ARPT SSDT! Love u man!!!

Last edited:
Glad it worked!
Not at the computer atm but if you want to you can just download the earlier efi i sent. And take that SSDT-ARPT.aml open it up in MaciASL, and find/replace Slot-6 to Slot-5. Then add it in the SSDT folder, and after that just put it inside the config.plist, in opencore configurator, or plisteditpro, or whatever :)

Glad it worked!
Not at the computer atm but if you want to you can just download the earlier efi i sent. And take that SSDT-ARPT.aml open it up in MaciASL, and find/replace Slot-6 to Slot-5. Then add it in the SSDT folder, and after that just put it inside the config.plist, in opencore configurator, or plisteditpro, or whatever :)

Done! What can I say... You made my day, my week! I owe you a beer :) It's incredible! Once understood, I think OC is even simpler than Clover! When a new version is released, I just have to update boot64.efi, OpenCore.efi, all the efi drivers and nothing more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back