Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disable Serial Port (COM), in bios
solves the issue for some people, including me.
I looked over in the BIOS for this option. Can you please tell me where exactly in the BIOS is this option?

@jaraheel. Interesting. I am using the latest BIOS on my ASUS Rampage VI Extreme. My Bluetooth was identified out of the box with no extra effort on my part, and I use it for my Bluetooth headphones. I bought the motherboard when it came out. I am curious when you purchased yours. I may try to get sleep working soon. As I don't have WiFi working, I don't have AirDrop and Handoff but those mean little to me.
I am curious if you have done any overclocking of your CPU. I have found macOS to be VERY sensitive to overclocking in comparison to Windows 10. I am slowly bringing some of my overclock back. On my i9-7940x I was at 4.4GHz all core with -2 avx and -3 avx 512 with XMP at my RAM's rated speed. I am currently at 3.8GHz all core and carefully moving forward.

@jaraheel. Interesting. I am using the latest BIOS on my ASUS Rampage VI Extreme. My Bluetooth was identified out of the box with no extra effort on my part, and I use it for my Bluetooth headphones. I bought the motherboard when it came out. I am curious when you purchased yours. I may try to get sleep working soon. As I don't have WiFi working, I don't have AirDrop and Handoff but those mean little to me.
I am curious if you have done any overclocking of your CPU. I have found macOS to be VERY sensitive to overclocking in comparison to Windows 10. I am slowly bringing some of my overclock back. On my i9-7940x I was at 4.4GHz all core with -2 avx and -3 avx 512 with XMP at my RAM's rated speed. I am currently at 3.8GHz all core and carefully moving forward.
That is interesting. I can see the Bluetooth in IOREG or simply in the System Report, but I could never get it to work. Tell me are you using any specific kexts to get the built in Bluetooth to work?
I bought it almost exactly two years back in January 2017. I briefly overclocked my CPU to 3.6 GHz as an experiment, but then I reverted back to the stock clock frequencies. The BIOS settings I use are from the guide by @kgp. I can see you use the same offsets for avx and avx 512.

@jaraheel I did nothing extra to get Bluetooth to show up at all. It was just there and working from the very first Mojave installation. I haven't tried to get it working with other devices besides AirPods and my Sony WH-1000MX3 Headphones. Overclocking these HEDT CPUs requires VERY good cooling, an AIO is not enough in most cases. I went full custom water cooling.
There are some elements of KGP's guide that I didn't implement, for example, I am not using AGPMInjector.kext. You can also get rid of SMCBatteryManager.kext and SMCLightSensor.kext as they are for laptops (battery and light sensor).
I was using TSCAdjustReset.kext, but have moved over to VoodooTSCSync.kext with the benefit that you don't have to enter your thread count into it's plist.

Last edited:
Hey gang,

I finally jumped into OC and hit quick success between the guide and the premade EFI's with quick success thanks to all the clover experience and of course, the pre-made EFI for my board.

The ONLY thing I cannot get to show, and I tried at least 10 iterations, is for the OSX WiFi/BT card to show properly. I know this is mostly cosmetic but I want to learn properly so hoping to get some clarification.

Attached is a shot of my config my SSDT-EXTRA's with the edits made to match my KGP SSDT as close as possible. I played with DTGP, and GPRW, and changed the PCI Root (0x.... to match the acpi path from ioreg (screenshot attached) and nothing ever changed.
View attachment 444325
I have the card in slot 3.

Lastly, I was just curious about two things:
- Are most of you using 'ShowPicker'? I don't think there's a purpose for anything fancy like the clover screens but wanted to see if anyone has anything better than a tiny font in the corner of the screen.
- Updating OC (I know it's still in it's infancy but curious what the perspective is).

Thanks in advance!
Bump! Most importantly, curious about my last 2 questions if anyone knows the answers.

- Are most of you using 'ShowPicker'? I don't think there's a purpose for anything fancy like the clover screens but wanted to see if anyone has anything better than a tiny font in the corner of the screen.
- Updating OC (I know it's still in it's infancy but curious what the perspective is).

Thank you!!

Bump! Most importantly, curious about my last 2 questions if anyone knows the answers.

Thank you!!

I don't use ShowPicker, I let OC boot straight to the Apple logo (aka my default boot option). Used in conjunction with AppleUsbKbDxe.efi, I can still access the picker by holding option key, which is more 'mac-like' behavior. It's tiny on my 4K screen but functioning just fine :)

I don't use ShowPicker, I let OC boot straight to the apple logo (aka my default boot option). Used in conjunction with AppleUsbKbDxe.efi, I can still access the picker by holding option key, which is more 'mac-like' behavior. It's tiny on my 4K screen but functioning just fine :)
When I don't Showpicker, my Apple boot screen gets massively bloated. I probably need to mess with resolution? It just seems strange because it's perfect when I do Showpicker...

When I don't Showpicker, my apple boot screen gets massively bloated. I probably need to mess with resolution? It just seems strange because it's perfect when I do Showpicker...
Possibly something to do with UIScale NVRAM variable and ConsoleModeBehavior quirks?

Hello All!

Getting into OC and feeling a little intimidated. I've always struggled with modifying DSDT or SSDT protocol. Everywhere I look I still am having a hard time figuring out "what is what" in my ACPI tables. I'm using a different motherboard than the provided EFIs here (ASrock X299 OC Formula). I can use the ASUS SAGE EFI as a base but I know I need to change some things to get it working properly.

I saw that KGP had a basic guide on How to create or modify a simple System SSDT.aml by means of DSDT and IOREG ACPI information. However, his website is down (permanently it looks like). I was able to find a version of it using web archives and thought I'd post it here. It was helpful for me to understand it a little better.

So here is my setup

I am a motion graphics artist and use the GPUs for 3D rendering. MacOS>Windows haha

Clover Bootloader
High Sierra 17G10021 Newest as of 1/10/20
ASrock X299 OC Formula
Intel 9900X
64GB Corsair RGB Vengence Pro
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-1
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-3
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-5
Fenvi T919 in PCIe SLOT-7
Samsung EVO 970 500GB NVME in SLOT M2_1

MACIASL is only showing 5 PCIe slots I think (screenshot attached)
CPUs are mapped weird it think (screenshot attached)
2 of the GRFX cards are thinking they are connected to the same PCIe slot maybe (screenshot attached)

I'm looking for help in the right direction. I know I can do the work, it just hasn't clicked in my head yet. :)

If anyone is wanting to take a crack at it, I can provide a RAW DSDT.aml or anything else you might need. Thank you and I love this community.

Also, I have a CUDA issue that causes random reboots on my machine. Only CUDA, the web drivers are fine. The only way to stop it temporarily is to unload CUDA (per a script) when working day to day and then loading CUDA when I need to use it. Once it's loaded, my computer is unstable and will crash sometimes. Hoping OpenCore might help with everything in order.

Bump. Any help is appreciated.

Bump. Any help is appreciated.

I don't use OC full time, but you could also try posting at the Insanely site, there is a OC thread there that's pretty active.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back